Shot New S-12!

Just shot about 20-rds through my new S-12. Factory & AGP 10-rd mags worked fine. This is my first 12g shotty and man does it kick! Got the marks to prove it. That factory stock is HARD! Tried some low recoil to save my shoulder, but wouldn't cycle on 1, didn't try 2 setting. Blasted the bullseye at 10-yds easy with slugs.

I swapped out a s308 wood stock with a factory buttpad onto my s12, and having used the montel carlo setup my entire life for rifles, it has caused me to rethink a conversion on the s12 I have. I may buy more s12's, and convert them, but this one wont be converted.....its sticking with the rifle stock with the cheekpiece and all....I really need to make a matching foreend to it, and get off my ass on that, because the wood butt IS NOT coming off.....Im absolutely lethal with it.

Edited by Bvamp

I have yet to meet anyone that didnt try to buy mine or did not want it, almost always before shooting it, and ALWAYS after shooting it.

not one.

Ive even stored mine for a month after coming in from a rain or snow storm, and not wiping it down, spraying it, or otherwise doing anything other than dropping it in the corner and letting it sit right in friend's corners and gun safes....

There has not been one person that hasnt wanted one, yet, in my personal travels......

Congrats on the new favorite toy Rusty! B's right, changing the stock will make it a little more gentle on the ol shoulder. If you don't want to convert it you can take off the butt plate and fill it with something to add weight.

B you should post a WTB for the right forearm to go with it. It's not that hard to mod it to fit and your gun would look and feel much better with that.

It has to be relieved around the GB and for the thick part of the barrel where the chamber is. Then you just need to drill and countersink a hole for the mounting screw. You can attach the sling loop to it's original location on the forearm if you can get the original hardware with it or fab something.

I love the way mine feels with the .308 wood. I'll never convert that one.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I cut my stock down by about 1.5" as it was too long-that made is kick hard as it did not properly fit me. I filled part of it with steel wool and then the rest with bondo, added a Pachmayer recoil pad. Much better handling and less felt recoil. Took me about an hour of "steady work" to do.