you need to go to the atf site and find the page with firearms license applications. Then you request the app from them, its a form 7/ license to collect firearms or something like that. I just got my app in a couple weeks ago it came real quick after I requested it. Hope this helps

Only hard part about C&R is finding out who CLEO (local chief law enforcement officer) is. Ask at local gun club or range. Fill out forms send $30 bucks to BATF with their copy of form,send CLEO his form- wait 6to 10 weeks ,get liscence! (the only fly in the ointment is if local CLEO wants to be an ASS!) There is a lawsuit pending to remove CLEO from the process!

G O B

I applied for the C&R and called the ATF yesterday to inquire about the status. Was told I was in the computer but they're returning the application to me as I failed to include the CLEO in item 10. Thats not a problem but I swear they must have omitted the form that included item 10 cuz I went through that application over and over before I mailed it back. Anyway, the lady on the other end of the phone told me to complete it and mail it back and they'd get my license to me.

Be sure when you get your application and forms that you double check to ensure you have all the proper forms as this will eliminate the delay in getting your license. In my area the CLEO is the county sheriff. Just check with your county courthouse for this information.

Well I know a guy about 20 miles from me that sales guns from his home, but he is in another county and has been a dealer for a long time. His business may be grandfathered in. I am checking into it. I ordered both applications because I wasn't sure which one I would be applying for. The Laws here aren't to bad so I think It may work out pretty well. I know I will have to have a safe of some sort to lock the firearms up and some sort of security system. If it works out I plan to start of small. Probably just special ordering for some of my buddies. Most of the gun dealers around here are not easy to deal with so that will help my business alot. I went to one the other day that I had never been to before. I had three of my kids with me and I over heard two of the guys behind the counter talking and one of them said " he probbably doesn't need any help. With all those kids I'll bet he is just looking and wishing. Poor guy." I had gone there because my brother bought an Encore from them the day before and he had seen an SAR 1 on the shelf. I intended to buy it if the price was right. Needless to say they were right. We just walked through looked around and left. By the way they had a box of used AK and SKS 30 round mags for $25 each. They must be crazy.