saiga 12 video

There's one for all you people who claim a full AGP mag can't be inserted on a closed bolt. :smoke:

What am I missing? The bolt was open -- the last thing he does before he starts shooting is release it.

I don't disagree with you -- it's possible (although not necessarily easy) to do...I just don't see it in this video.

Jim

oops...my bust. I watched it again and it is open. I was just watching him semi struggling to get it in and it looked like that was what he was doing.

Well maybe I need to make my own video then.

Cobra could you give a quick rundown to loading a full mag on a closed bolt? I have tried and tried, and have not had any luck. Must not be holding my tounge right or something.

That and loading ammo into a Mosin Nagant using those goddam stripper clips are two things I have not managed to do yet :unsure:

Cobra could you give a quick rundown to loading a full mag on a closed bolt? I have tried and tried, and have not had any luck. Must not be holding my tounge right or something.

That and loading ammo into a Mosin Nagant using those goddam stripper clips are two things I have not managed to do yet :unsure:

Before you attempt to lock in the front lug with the receiver, you have to push straight up into the bolt with the top round. This compresses the mag spring as far as it will go and allows the mag body to move higher up in the receiver to lock the front in place. (you slide it forward while it's compressed) Then all you have to do is rock it back and lock in the rear.

I just did this a few minutes ago with a brand new production AGP mag and it works just as good as with the original prototype I still own.

Now pulling back on the charging handle is tough with that tenth round in there, and would be easier if the bolt lug is polished, but it is possible. It does put a small crease in the hull when the bolt is forced over it but it will still chamber and fire. I just did this. The next round is no problem at all.

I would not recommend storing the gun for any length of time with ten rds in the mag because it will definitely deform the top round.

A long time ago, back before he was run off of here by a bunch of whiners and crybabies, Kevin posted that the springs in the ten rd mags are longer than they really need to be to function.

Try this at your own risk but...

It would be very easy to trim the spring back a few coils to make that top round go in much easier. Maybe try trimming one coil at a time until it's easy enough to insert full.

I've never tried to see just how short the spring could go and still work, but you could try it by removing the floorplate and somehow securing the spring from coming out while you test fired or dry cycled it with some of the spring coils hanging out the bottom. (Duct tape?)

Thanks Cobra, I finally got a mag full of 3 inch 15 pellet 00 buck loaded, but it was a chore and it immediately deformed the top round. I took one out, and with 9 it was easier to load. I sure would not want to do that in a high stress situation.

I have the generation 1 mags, am I to understand that there is some trimming on the follower that can be done to make it easier to load into the shotgun?

My bolt has not been modified, that would probably help but I hate to go grinding on things, just how I am.

It's definitely harder with 3".

It will not help to trim the follower if you don't trim the mag spring first.

I'm uploading a picture now that will explain what I'm trying to say, better....

BRB

OK check out these pictures of a clear APG 10 rdr loaded to capacity....

post-1293-1200850883_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1200850897_thumb.jpg

Notice how the spring is stacked up. There is very little space left for compression. This was done intentionally to keep people from trying to shove 11 rds in there.

Now look at this pic with the spring totally compressed (I'm pushing down on the top round).

See how the follower does not even touch the bottom with the spring fully compressed?

post-1293-1200850744_thumb.jpg

There is a little space left in the bottom that you could gain by trimming the spring.

You could probably get more by trimming the follower too but I would be careful doing that...

Thanks for the info Cobra, I will see what I can do, I will have to check and see the difference between loading a full mag with 2 3/4 and 3 inch,

A 2 3/4 inch 00 buck is a good shell too, just not as many pellets.

Didnt I see some place where you could by extra springs for the 10 rd mags? It would be worth getting one and cutting it like you said and seeing what you could come up with.

Really like that see through mag.

You can load with a closed bolt but its tough, as you can see me struggle with it in the video. The 3" ones are basically impossible to load with a closed bolt. 2 3/4" federal #7 shot was used in both videos. You can't beat 10 rounds in 3 seconds.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/352852/the_m...on_of_all_time/

To the original poster, you need to crouch and lean into the shots more if you want to dump a whole mag really quick. You can see my buddy in the second video standing more upright and getting knocked back.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/352860/the_m...ll_time_part_2/

I can get my loaded AGP mags in place with a closed bolt as well, but I have my concerns about the durability of the catch. When you are leveraging the magazine in place this little plastic notch must withstand all that pressure.

Has anyone else here noticed premature wear on the front of the magazine where it engages the mag catch?

I think the best way to load the gun is start with bolt open. insert mag, empty it, with the left hand grab a new mag and bump the mag realease with the left side of hand, The mag will fall at the same time grab the charging handle with your right hand and hold it all the way back with the but stock against your sholder. Insert fresh mag and relase the charging handle. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! then repeat the above faster and faster until all your ammo is gone. Last step go get more ammo then resume Fire! I forgot to mention have yer bitch load the empty mags during this display of disrepect for MONEY! :smoke: