Surefire vs. FBMG .308 mags  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which mags do you like better?

• Surefires Rock!
    • Fuzzy Bunny Mags!
    • Both / either are fine...
    • I am waiting for a 3rd option...
    • None. I'm happy with Factory 8rds.

Nicks Guns (pka Ed's Guns) in Marietta, Ga has a few of the 25rnd'ers for $46.95, well they have one less after I was by there at lunch. ;)

I was going to become a distributor for them but they upped their minimum order to 500 units. $20K is just too much for me.

I would rather spend the money to have stamping dies made to make them out of metal and become a competitor rather than a supporter. A year ago it was only 100 units, I guess I missed that boat.

I would love to see metal S308 mags! I couldn't buy a lot of them at one time. But I suspect I would end up buying about 20 of them in the long run if I could find good metal mags for my S308.

yeah I was thinking I could have http://www.precisionmetalsmiths.com/ make the top and follower as a investment casting, and then the body and the floor plate can be stamped ... All it takes is some time on AutoCAD to make the plans and a metric ass load of money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My surefire mags are really tough to get to snap in. I have to kinda force them then they lock in. Has anyone found that they needed to file these things a bit? I have had jamming problems I thought associated with it being new and needing to be broken in. I know that the gun is stiff but I also know that an improper fit of the mag can cause problems. Thank you.

My surefire mags are really tough to get to snap in. I have to kinda force them then they lock in. Has anyone found that they needed to file these things a bit? I have had jamming problems I thought associated with it being new and needing to be broken in. I know that the gun is stiff but I also know that an improper fit of the mag can cause problems. Thank you.

They seem to wear in okay after some use. Also try loading one less round. I bought some 10 round 223 Surefires that would not lock at all even after filing on them until I tried one less round...they clicked right in. I own several in all the calibers and these were the only ones I had any real trouble with.

Edited by m1key