POSP Side mount

Do the POSP side mounts allow you to use the sights as well as the scope? I'd like to be able to shoot at short distances too.

Thinking about a POSP to replace my NC Start(grrrr the recoil knocked the adjustment knobs right off of it etc) and if I go POSP I'm not sure if the side mount or weaver mount would be better. I read one place that the side mount is not perfectly centered so you have to adjust windage - if so that would be a negative for that way too.

The mount that comes with the standard POSP's is high enough to allow use of the iron sights. If you get just a scope you have the choice of either a low- or high-rise mount and the low-rise one obscures the iron sight so it cannot be used.

The mount that comes with the standard POSP's is high enough to allow use of the iron sights. If you get just a scope you have the choice of either a low- or high-rise mount and the low-rise one obscures the iron sight so it cannot be used.

Thanks tritium! That's a pretty significant plus being able to use iron too.

Gilberts guns have a beryl style mount for the saiga rifles $69.00. I would like to know how good they are.

Get a POSP it is mount on the side on the receiver, by the way I think Devin-c has one for sale here

on the forum check with him. In few one piece Russian glass, they are Cristal clear for the price

you cant go wrong, usually there glass on the Russian stuff is comparable to glass in more expensive

scopes. 8x42 is what I will use on a .308

Edited by vjor

Thanks tritium! That's a pretty significant plus being able to use iron too.

Gilberts guns have a beryl style mount for the saiga rifles $69.00. I would like to know how good they are.

mount is very solid nice thing about that mount is you can put whatever you want on it bad part no irons

Get a POSP it is mount on the side on the receiver, by the way I think Devin-c has one for sale here

on the forum check with him. In few one piece Russian glass, they are Cristal clear for the price

you cant go wrong, usually there glass on the Russian stuff is comparable to glass in more expensive

in my experience, the 8 x posp does not ahve enough eye relief. go with the 4 power.

I kept hitting myself in the head almost every shot.

in my experience, the 8 x posp does not ahve enough eye relief. go with the 4 power.

I kept hitting myself in the head almost every shot.

did you have the sks/svd mount or the AK mount there is a difference