They have had the same type of deal here in NYS for the last couple of years. Here they wanted to imprint the actual bullets and not the casing. I think it is all pretty silly. Due to the fact that I am pretty much set for life with supplies, I don't mind most of it till they get to the part about having to use up or surrender the ammo that is not labeled and that it will be a crime to posess unlabeled ammo. This will effect me directly. It will further drive the price of ammo due to many things. There will be increased costs in manufacturing of the ammo, initial costs with the equipment to label the bullets. There will also be a new fee (tax) attached to the price of the ammo to support all the record keeping associated with this mandate. While it wouldn't be my top choice, I guess this is one way to create new jobs!

When it comes to these types of topics we have found that a call and an email are equal but a written letter (not chain) is worth much more. I have seen people say that an email and phone call are worth one point, a written letter is worth 10 points and a physical visit (by appointment) is worth 100 points. Of course placing this on a point system just to show the difference in the way correspondence is received. Any is good though. You really make an impact if you are a voting member of society and remind them that you do vote and an action like this might sway your decission.

All nicely of course.

At first I thought that was some April fools joke untill i looked at the calender.

Thats got to be their way of getting around the constitution,let them have the guns but good luck getting ammo...

Its just getting ridiculous out there

You're right! It's all about achieving essentially the same result as a gun ban. They come up with some disingenuous B.S. excuse to make ammunition prohibitively expensive. With that achieved, people would be dissuaded from becoming new gun owners, and many current gun owners would drop out of the shooting sports. Over time, fewer and fewer people would own or make use of guns, and the political power of gun owners would weaken. Then still more anti-gun/anti-freedom legislation could be rammed down people's throats. It's all part of the liberal incremental approach to stripping us of our freedom and controlling every aspect of our lives--for our own good, of course!

Count on seeing a lot more of this tried throughout the country. California set the precedent for successfully attacking ammunition with the ban on lead ammunition in the theoretical range of the Condor, and they are trying to mandate ammunition serialization as well. If the Supreme Court decides against D.C., expect to see the anti-gun crowd to go after ammo. very aggressively. Gun owners need to fight hard against this.

don't the cops in that state have guns? if an ammunition manufacturer were to sell only "stamped ammo" at $200 per box, what is a smalltown law enforcement agency supposed to do? use the "illegal" stuff? politicians don't look at the effect on legal firearms when they pass s**t like this do they? so would it become illegal to own reloading eqipment in that state as well? why couldn't you just reload the microengraved legally purchased casings that you police up from the range after firing? just a thought.

THANK GOD I LIVE IN TN!!!

The EXACT same bill was introduced here in MD. The anti's are trying to grab as many states as they can - hoping to get enough to get it Federal. We need to keep our voices heard.

Edit to add: I can't wait to retire to TN.

Edited by G O B
The EXACT same bill was introduced here in MD. The anti's are trying to grab as many states as they can - hoping to get enough to get it Federal. We need to keep our voices heard.

Edit to add: I can't wait to retire to TN.

Jan 17 legislation was filed in both the TN house and senate for the same coded registered, a box of .45 will need more paperwork than A.O.W. hippy BS.

I got the email from NRA not in my state put if it keeps up no state will be safe and things we do every, week will be aginst the law.

I am sick of others making me feel like the criminal

I will not always like the laws before me but I follow all laws.

But is it every going to stop!!!

Is anyone in office really thinking of real crime and not peter pan ways to stop it

:killer:

And I can't type owle haha

Edited by madmax4x4

Yes,and it will only get worse here in illinois & throughtout "OUR" country! Born,raised,&enlisted to serve right here in illinois. Done my Nixon 'Nam time---lucky to bring my testicals back to the USA. I will take them to my grave here in illinois.Shakesphere wrote quite abit about life & death--the human condition. If you kick every dog you encounter,eventually one will go for your throat! "Intimidation" has become a common practice for population control in "OUR" country! Goodluck with all rational communications with "AUTHORITY" here in illinois!