Mesa Tactical Recoil Tube?

Make sure you verify that both the recoil tube and your AR stock choice are either BOTH Mil Spec, or BOTH Commercial size. Also, the add calls out bolt action and pump style guns, but I don't think it said semi-auto? The picture does show it mounted on an AK. The only reason I bring this up is that some semi's will not cycle correctly when shot softhanded, which is essentially what that style recoil reducer seems to duplicate. If you have any cycling issues, you can probably take care of it by opening up the gas ports. Just food for thought.

I actually just ordered and received one of these,

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/stocks.html

scroll down to the AK to AR Car Stock Adapter

Came brand new in the package with 2 screws,..

seems sweet to me,...

Make sure you verify that both the recoil tube and your AR stock choice are either BOTH Mil Spec, or BOTH Commercial size. Also, the add calls out bolt action and pump style guns, but I don't think it said semi-auto? The picture does show it mounted on an AK. The only reason I bring this up is that some semi's will not cycle correctly when shot softhanded, which is essentially what that style recoil reducer seems to duplicate. If you have any cycling issues, you can probably take care of it by opening up the gas ports. Just food for thought.

Is that adapter plastic or steel/alum?

Looks like milspec. This is the response I got from Mesa. Anyone know where to find a good milspec metal adapter?

"It should work fine as long as the adapter accepts the standard Milspec

tube.

Chris

Alamo Tactical

210-651-9800

877-ALAMTAC"

Edited by Rustynuts