• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok I am looking at shooting this as I now live just down the road.

I did a brief search on youtube and............ Zip lines and towers?

Also do you "NEED" a tactical bolt gun in addition to the normal 3 guns?

Talk to ma Goose... :smoke:

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

Zip lines and towers?

Yes

Also do you "NEED" a tactical bolt gun in addition to the normal 3 guns?

No, the 10 targets you shoot at with it are bonuses, and can be shot at with your normal rifle. One is at 500 meters, the other at 600 meters, you get 5 shots at each. I have hit them with a scoped AR in the past. It's not worth stressing about.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd love to watch, Parma is about 5 hours away... but I'll have relatives in town at the time.

When they say "This match will beat ya like a Rented Mule..." They ain't kidding. It is tough on competitors and guns. One guy running a Saiga 12 with a Tromix stock had the stock BREAK and it was in a section that was a slug stage and the guy held the gun out in front of himself and kept firing. The broken end came back and split his chin nicely. After which he splinted the stock and applied duct tape and kept going...

Mine lasted till the end of day two before the gas ports were so gummed up I needed help getting the plug out. All in all, a real EYE OPENER. I need to work on the gun, the mags, ME... Once my shoulder turns another color besides BLACK tinged with Blue I will be back at it.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY

We just got back in yesterday...long drive, made longer by a tire blow out 2 hours outside Boise...

I was first place in Trooper and won the SOCOM16 from Springfield

Don Langworthy, another Cav Arms shooter, was second in Trooper and won the tricked out PWS upper.

Mike Gibson of MGM Targets was third in Trooper.

It was a great match, and gets better every year. I'll post pics, videos, and a more detailed review later. For now, I'm beat

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Awesome match and big congrats on your class placement Sinistral!! If only I was ten years younger I'd be there.

p.s. Will you be at Ft. Benning this December? Me and my shooting buddy got the last two Friday slots.

Edited by Ronswin
  • 4 weeks later...