Help GREATLY needed finding my ideal SIDEFOLDER STOCK

Ok I already posed this question b4 on another unrelated thread, newbish yes. Anyways, I have taken a great fondness towards the triangle buttstock and was directed towards both Ohio rapid fire and KVar, but I guess there's a catch, they're made for the ak74 and according to NALIOTH it would be very labor intensive to convert. It seems like he knows what he's talking about but I just wanted to confirm this with the whole community, that there isn't any adaptor that might make these feasible for a total noob like myself. If it really is over my head then my second choice also poses problems for me...

Now the Tromix buttstock isn't too shabby either and I think I'd really love it BUT... First of all I'm not clear as to what parts I need for the complete folding assembly is it the buttstock itself ($85) and the folding mechanism ($65) OR DO I ALSO NEED TO PURCHASE the stock adaptar ($45) AND backplate ($15) as well?? I mean that's $210 AGHHHH!!! :eek::ded: I mean I really want a sidefolder bad and I hate all the others I've seen so far and trust me I've been trolling, searching, lurking, and desperatly pining to find a sidefolder I like and can actually install. I've been idling waiting for my tax return money to come. I've watched the conversion on Youtube countless times, I've got all my tools ready I've been itching like a crack fiend to get my first conversion done, please alleviate this pressure and help me puzzle this out I'M BEGGING YOU! :cryss::wacko:

Ok I already posed this question b4 on another unrelated thread, newbish yes. Anyways, I have taken a great fondness towards the triangle buttstock and was directed towards both Ohio rapid fire and KVar, but I guess there's a catch, they're made for the ak74 and according to NALIOTH it would be very labor intensive to convert. It seems like he knows what he's talking about but I just wanted to confirm this with the whole community, that there isn't any adaptor that might make these feasible for a total noob like myself. If it really is over my head then my second choice also poses problems for me...

Now the Tromix buttstock isn't too shabby either and I think I'd really love it BUT... First of all I'm not clear as to what parts I need for the complete folding assembly is it the buttstock itself ($85) and the folding mechanism ($65) OR DO I ALSO NEED TO PURCHASE the stock adaptar ($45) AND backplate ($15) as well?? I mean that's $210 AGHHHH!!! :eek::ded: I mean I really want a sidefolder bad and I hate all the others I've seen so far and trust me I've been trolling, searching, lurking, and desperatly pining to find a sidefolder I like and can actually install. I've been idling waiting for my tax return money to come. I've watched the conversion on Youtube countless times, I've got all my tools ready I've been itching like a crack fiend to get my first conversion done, please alleviate this pressure and help me puzzle this out I'M BEGGING YOU! :cryss::wacko:

Triangle buttstock conversions on a Saiga is one of the more difficult conversions you can do. I suggest the ace stock with their side folding adapter. It will fit right in no prob for a noobish conversion. The reason the triangle is so difficult, you have to fit a new rear trunion in the gun, while doing this you will be doing irreversible damage to the receiver if done improperly. After you get the stock in place then the front catch assay that locks the stock in the closed position has to be dealt with. It in itself requires careful measurement and skill again to not do damage to the receiver and front trunion, the front trunoin has to be drilled to a proper depth in the correct positoin. The last thing is the front catch is easier on a rifle than on a s12 (good news for you if you decide to tackle this job) because the s12 front latches are very difficult to come by and there is far less room to work under the front trunion. Good luck. I hope I helped you.

Edited by ar15pistolpimp
...is it the buttstock itself ($85) and the folding mechanism ($65) OR DO I ALSO NEED TO PURCHASE the stock adaptar ($45) AND backplate ($15) as well??

You need the Stock (either Ace or Tromix), the Hinge (Ace) and an Adapter; The Tromix backplate is only for those who can weld proficiently, otherwise you'll have to use the Ace stock adapter, but you don't need both.

Sweet! if it were only 922r compliant.....

1: Trigger

2: Hammer

3: Disconnecter

4: Pistol grip

5: Gas piston

optional:

6: muzzle device

For use on a Saiga shotgun, just replacing the trigger, disconnector and pistol grip will do fine (and one more if you have a threaded muzzle on it)

Edited by nalioth
Sweet! if it were only 922r compliant.....

1: Trigger

2: Hammer

3: Disconnecter

4: Pistol grip

5: Gas piston

optional:

6: muzzle device

For use on a Saiga shotgun, just replacing the trigger, disconnector and pistol grip will do fine (and one more if you have a threaded muzzle on it)

Yeah, I know dude, did not mean it as a hack by any means... swapping furniture is just a

super easy way to get us parts on your rig is all.....

Yeah, I know dude, did not mean it as a hack by any means... swapping furniture is just a

super easy way to get us parts on your rig is all.....

.... but if you want a specific look, ya gotta pay the piper.

Stupid 922r laws.

...is it the buttstock itself ($85) and the folding mechanism ($65) OR DO I ALSO NEED TO PURCHASE the stock adaptar ($45) AND backplate ($15) as well??

You need the Stock (either Ace or Tromix), the Hinge (Ace) and an Adapter; The Tromix backplate is only for those who can weld proficiently, otherwise you'll have to use the Ace stock adapter, but you don't need both.

Now is the hinge from Ace or from Tromix because I see there's a folding mechanism on the tromix site as well, if not which specific folding mechanism from ace should I use? The push button, or is there another one (preferably cheaper) I could use? Thanks for the numerous and prompt responses guys, very helpful.

Yeah thanks for the response, its final, the triangle folder is out of the question. I'm gonna go with the Tromix Sidefolder the only trouble I'm having is finding the specific parts I need (are they all available on the tromix site which would be easier and cost efficient). I've gathered that you need 3 things: Tromix buttstock, folding mechanism, and stock adaptor. So can I purchase them all from tromix or do I have to buy from Ace as well and if I dowhat EXACT parts do I need, I kinda need to be led by the hand here being new to it all.