MD Drum with Folding Stock

It looks as if the folding of a stock is not an option with the MD drum with conventional ACE or Tromix stock but has anyone looked to see/test if the ACE Ultra light stock would clear the drum? Looks as if the shoulder pad would just clear it.... but would love to know if any of the testers has this stock option and willing to post the results. Thanks.

No, and ace won't fold up all the way with the drum on.

but to be honest, I can't tell you the last time I shot it folded anyhow... mag or drum.

My whole purpose in having a folding stock is to be able to "hide" the weapon, or carry it in a less that full length configuration (i.e. - behind the seat). If I am loaded and ready to rock-n-roll I would think that the stock would be extended. Just a thought.

Will the drum fit with the stock folded and just not unfold?

Or, well in not fit at all with the stock in the folded position?

I can live with it either way, I am just curious.

1911 Daughter and I just returned from the range. We fired the MD-20 Drum with the stock (Tromix) both folded and open. The stock rests on the side of the drum and is not a problem as far as function so if you had to use your weapon in a hurry and it was folded you would be alright until you got time to unfold it. :super::super::super::super::super:

Hold on now....all hope is not lost....I always say "where there's a will there's a way."

This may be just one more advantage to having an Ace (or Lage / Tromix) with an external mounting block vs. internal.

I've got guns with both and they both have their good and bad points.

I know most people don't like the looks of the external block but it has it's good points...

post-1293-1204657551_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204657636_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204657652_thumb.jpg

Shameless Cobra pics... :angel:

You must admit Gary that Cobra is pretty willful! :haha:

ABSOLUTELY!

Cobra is the most willful (and capable person) that I know!

And I don't even really know him.

(The bloke is a Confederate and I'm a blue-belly, need I say more?)

:lolol: ...... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ...... :lolol: .................. :angel:

thinking outloud here.....

is it considerable to mount a hand grip on the front handguard.... so then you have a "pistol grip" both fore and aft of the magazine....

and then instead of a folding buttstock.. somehow make a quick detach/attach buttstock that fits straight in, and then you can pull it out if you want to store it or just want to shoot without it ? pop it in, pop it out.

kinda like an old Tommy gun where they sometimes didnt have a buttstock ?

else maybe have to get the short ACE skeleton stock maybe ?