Saiga 12 work needed, who ?

Hi , I just recently bought a converted saiga 12, $800 , for a Rising Sun build gun. The previous owner said he payed $1350 a few months back. He had removed the hammer and looks like he just gave up on it. After inspecting the gun the only problem I couls see was a missing hammer , which he gave to me, tapco markings and the bolt hold open spring and latch were not installed. My question is who would I send the gun off to to be properly inspected and to replace the parts not installed , hammer and bolt hold open parts ,and to make sure it complies with the laws of Georgia with a quick turnaround time ?. The previous owner also said he could never get it to shoot without having problems with failure to fire and failure to feed. This is also something that I would like to have solved. Anybody have any info on Rising Sun Tactical or the quality of there builds. Gun looks preety good and I see one on Gunbroker for $1900 so I feel I got a good deal? It is torture to have the shotgun and not being able to shoot it please help...

Really? You have the hammer, the hammer spring, the hammer axial pin, the Shepard's Crook, the trigger, the disconnector, the trigger axial pin, the bolt hold open device, the BHO spring and the selector (also know as the safety).

Pretty much any of the members with over 25 posts could do this in about 5 minutes.

I listed all of the parts needed to assemble (well not really, there is a small spring between the disconnector and the trigger), so you might see if you are missing anything.

You might post a picture in the for sale section and make a quick $200.

If you are near Melbourne Florida, I will put it together for you.

Edited by oldandslow
Really? You have the hammer, the hammer spring, the hammer axial pin, the Shepard's Crook, the trigger, the disconnector, the trigger axial pin, the bolt hold open device, the BHO spring and the selector (also know as the safety).

Pretty much any of the members with over 25 posts could do this in about 5 minutes.

I listed all of the parts needed to assemble (well not really, there is a small spring between the disconnector and the trigger), so you might see if you are missing anything.

The hammer looks like it has been grinded up and is missing the hammer pin. I also want a professional or such to make sure the weapon is safe and complient with the law. I figured out I could get a new tapco hammer and pin but am new to the saiga 12 and dont want to mess up the gun. Would rather spend a little money and do it right . eventually i'd like to register it as SBs.

Well if you insist,.. you should contact leo from Viking Kitty Armory

for what you are asking for should only cost about $485 dollars but they can do it

there is a link to them on the main page or just PM (private message) leo.

http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?pro...FOLDING%2DSTOCK

link on bottom at right, kinda hard to read VKA,..

Good luck, sounds like a fun gun

:haha: :haha:

Edited by Gas Giant
Well if you insist,.. you should contact leo from Viking Kitty Armory

for what you are asking for should only cost about $485 dollars but they can do it

there is a link to them on the main page or just PM (private message) leo.

http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?pro...FOLDING%2DSTOCK

link on bottom at right, kinda hard to read VKA,..

Good luck, sounds like a fun gun

:haha: :haha:

This would work for the missing pivot pin.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=302&page=1