I have an EAA make s12 (year 01, first two digits after the H in your serial #) that had that problem.

What you do, is the lower contacting surface of the REAR of the cover, put a rubber band over the lip of it, and use a pliar to bend it backwards a little bit. trial fit, repeat if nessecary.

sorry for late reply. the rear of the cover. underneath where the recoil spring detainer or whatever it is passes through the hole in the cover.....that bottom lip on the very REAR is what needs a little bending out, to the rear of the gun. Mine only needed a little bit. I would use something to protect the finish, as well, what I used being a rubber band between the cover metal and pliar.

what you are basically doing, is flaring the lip out just a tiny bit, to make the seating portion of the dust cover "longer" in how it seats on top of the reciever.

edit - yeh, what kellsguy said!

Edited by Bvamp
sorry for late reply. the rear of the cover. underneath where the recoil spring detainer or whatever it is passes through the hole in the cover.....that bottom lip on the very REAR is what needs a little bending out, to the rear of the gun. Mine only needed a little bit. I would use something to protect the finish, as well, what I used being a rubber band between the cover metal and pliar.

what you are basically doing, is flaring the lip out just a tiny bit, to make the seating portion of the dust cover "longer" in how it seats on top of the reciever.

edit - yeh, what kellsguy said!

Wow! You guys have advice on everything. Gotta love it!

If you read my first drum beta testing post you will see I had to fix my gun as well. I used a hammer. It is an ak of course. My cover was flying off so I sat the receiver top cover with the rear angle on top of a 4"x4" block. You should be looking down at the inside rear of the top cover. I slid 1/16th of an inch off of the block of wood and then "tweaked" that edge with an 18oz Estwing framing hammer! Problem solved. Test and repeat as necessary.

Phil

Thanks for all the great replies everyone, thats why this forum kicks ass. I always get my questions answered without being made to look like an ass for not knowing already. The only question i've asked that went unanswered was where to procure another mag catch spring, which, if anyone wants to know I fixed using a "inch" pattern FAL frame lock spring. I just shortened it a tiny bit and now my catch has more tension than when it was new...

Andrew