Sorry I hate to admit it but I m a big fricking newb when it comes to this Saiga. Alright I ordered the Skeleton Stock and it has no holes in the plastic to put the screws in. Do I have to get a tap and screw it in or did I get a defective one without the holes. :ph34r:

Hi,

if you can,

post a pic of the problem and provide a little better description

There are a bunch of different skeleton stocks, folders, colapsing non-folders, ....and ,...well the list of peices parts goes on

pics qand exacitning desrcriptions of what you intend to do,..

SO I need to tap some holes in I guess and then screw it in

Oh yeah,

some one else please correct me if I am wrong,.. but on plastic stocks

utilizing the stock tang and new non-conversion stock instalations you have to take out the old factory one and take the new one and push it all the way in, mark the holes, take it out, drill the holes, file/cut any high drilled up stock material, and then re-insert new stock and screw in the new screws, Should be self tapping screws,, the pointy phillips kind, just make sure and drill the holes to the recommended screw size. 1/8" diameter drill bit is pretty standard, 1/2" to 3/4" long black counter sunk screws are pretty standard. It didn't come with screws or directions??

That's weird,.

When I put mine on I had to tap it in with a hammer and then just drilled the holes in place. I couldnt get the damn thing out no matter how hard I tried. I just took my drill to it and screwed the factory screws back in. It was a bit of a PITA but I got it on, it looks good, and I enjoy the feel that it gives the gun. Hope that helps.

Just drill it like was said above and run the original screws back into it.

One other thing here that may save you some frustration....

The cheek piece is adjustable for right or left handed shooters or to just swing it out of the way when not needed. You don't need to try and loosen the pins that hold it together. They just spin in place. You adjust it by sliding it backwards to unlock it and turn. It's spring loaded.

Pretty cool design. :smoke:

Thanks for the info

I m having a hard time pulling it out nyself

I was pushing it down and trying to get the pistol grip flush with the trigger guard

I pushed down as far as I could now it wont come out so I ll probably have to do the same thing you did

I like the stock and it feels good on the Saiga

Thanks for the info

I m having a hard time pulling it out nyself

I was pushing it down and trying to get the pistol grip flush with the trigger guard

I pushed down as far as I could now it wont come out so I ll probably have to do the same thing you did

I like the stock and it feels good on the Saiga

Im sure it could be done, but its a REAL PAIN IN THE A$$!! I assume you could lube up your gun well and possibly get it out that way, but I just left as is. I will probably get another one at some point and do a conversion on it.

Before I fully converted my Saiga, I had used the "skeleton stock".

RUBBER MALLET is your friend.... maybe even a dremel with a grind wheel.

If it's just a range toy and not something you will ever need to rely on for your life don't worry about the screws...

That stock is so damn tight you won't need to worry about it coming out.

Sorry I hate to admit it but I m a big fricking newb when it comes to this Saiga. Alright I ordered the Skeleton Stock and it has no holes in the plastic to put the screws in. Do I have to get a tap and screw it in or did I get a defective one without the holes. :ph34r:

Just outfitted my Saiga with a skeleton from Gilbertguns.com and i had no issues at all. Both holes were on the top, nothing for the botton but it fit so well i just left it as is.

Just outfitted my Saiga with a skeleton from Gilbertguns.com and i had no issues at all. Both holes were on the top, nothing for the botton but it fit so well i just left it as is.

So the one from Gilbert came with holes pre-drilled?

Sure did.

Sure did.

Wow, thats nice, -1 for Mississippi Arms for selling the stock without the holes pre-drilled. If I get another x39 and decide not to mod it (which wont happen) then I will order the stock from Gilberts instead!!

Like someone said above, a little sanding or some dremeling around the edges to smooth things out may have made the job 10x easier, oh well, its on, I like it, no more complaints LOL!!

Edited by medicff0879

here is my trick to getting a plastic stock on using the original screws from the russian stock.

put a little oil on the stock and tap it in with a rubber mallet.

then drill the two wholes with what ever bit you have that is smaller than the screws in diameter just to remove some material.

then hold the screws over a propane torch till the tip turns red, then push in a quarter of an inch in to the whole, and then screw it in with a screw driver. the heat cuts the thread in to the plastic and centers the screw.