308 mags bulging?

I haven't experienced any problems with my FBMG mags and I keep at least one loaded.

I have heard some rumors lately that the new 25 rd Surefire mags "don't work". I have no idea what the problem is with them, and haven't had a chance to test the new one I just got. Just had one person tell me they cut theirs back to 20 rds because it wouldn't work with a full 25. Then just the other day another friend of mine who's a member here got a STEAL on a converted .308 with a bunch of mags, and the seller threw in a couple of the new surefires because he said they "don't work".

Any truth to these rumors?? :unsure:

I'll give a report on mine just as soon as I can get some range time with it.

I have three of the 25 round Surefire Mags two of them work (most of the time), but one in particular has had multiple failure to feed. From what I can tell the cheap full metal jacket rounds I am using get hung up on the plastic feed lip. I am debating on either filing the feed lip at an angle to help keep the bullet tip from catching or looking into installing a metal feed ramp into the 308 and filing the feed lip on the mags down. I am holding off on making any changes to the mags or gun until I can shoot some other higher quality ammunition. I currently only have about 180 rounds through the rifle.

I have to say I have 7 of the 308 Surefire mags and never had any feed problems I hear you talking about.I have a couple always loaded up and they havent bulged yet and when I go out to play they feed and fire fine.

As for the front lip,the casing doesnt touch it enough to grab theshell and mess up the feed.

Actually,same goes for me with the 223 and x39 mags I have,they all sit around and have no troubles with any of them.