I bought a supposedly NIB LAW-12 on an online auction. I received it today, however when I opened it I noticed that it has a black plastic magazine extension not a metal one like on my SPAS-12. I've only seen a few LAW-12's over the years but I swear that they all had metal mag extensions. Does anyone know if any of the LAW-12s ever came with a plastic extension? Please let me know before my 3 day inspection peroid ends. :cryss:

Never seen one in person but from the picture I found it looks like the factory mag extensions are metal.

6c-kwKS.jpg

On the bright side allot of the parts are supposed to be interchangeable with the SPAS12. So you can see if the one on you SPAS12 will fit.

I bought a supposedly NIB LAW-12 on an online auction. I received it today, however when I opened it I noticed that it has a black plastic magazine extension not a metal one like on my SPAS-12. I've only seen a few LAW-12's over the years but I swear that they all had metal mag extensions. Does anyone know if any of the LAW-12s ever came with a plastic extension? Please let me know before my 3 day inspection peroid ends. :cryss:

I bought one years ago and the magazine is metal. My friend who at the same time bought a LAW-12, his magazine was plastic. It worked fine I just preferred the metal. Did you also know the stock and handguard are wood. These shotguns are superb. They have a chrome bore and you can empty 8 rounds in 2-3 seconds. Also the muzzle is threaded and it comes with a tool to remove the end cap.

• 2 months later...

I had one of these. The earlier ones had fiberglass forearms and metal 8-round tube extentions with a bracket to hold it to the barrel. The earliest ones had removable stocks leaving the gun with just a pistol grip. Mine was a later one that had a one-piece molded stock/pistol grip and wooden forearm painted black. It had a metal tube extention, but it was a shorter 7-rounder. The plastic tube extentions were aftermarket that were available for a short time. I replaced my metal one with a plastic 8-rounder and was happy. The wooden forearm was cheap, and cracked from repeated firing. I replaced that with one of the older fiberglass ones and it was better.