I can't take it, going to convert

I just did the conversion on mine, I didn't order the shepards crook so I just stopped at Lowe's and picked up a .50 cent pack of hairpin clips, I tried the E-clips but they didn't sit in there nice and tight and these other clips did. I'd like to use the high cap mags so I will end up doing the bullet guide you guys mentioned, I have a spare piece of aircraft grade aluminum I may end up making one I'm cheap like that! :)

Pictures Taco! Show us your creation. The bullet guide is simple to make particularly with a flat trunnion.

I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.

Finally got my pic, tapco pistol grip, tapco fcg, tapco gas piston. Will add the bullet guide and muzzle brake soon, right now trying to decide on a different stock.

95Percent.jpg

Edited by TacoMalo
yeah, my entire order was backordered due to the PG nut being out of stock... I was under the impression they would send the rest and I would get the PG nut later, but none of my parts shipped until yesterday... hopefully they will only take a couple days to get here - I've taken over the dining room table as my workbench...

DOh! my stuff got here, and i realized I'm an idiot. I FORGOT TO ORDER THE PG NUT/SCREW!!! dangit. so i put in an order yesterday, and have to work longer.

Post some pics when you're done, i'm sure you'll beat me to the finish!

How did your conversion go?

went fantastic! had a single hang up because I didn't realize the new hammer wouldn't work with the BHO lever, but used the old one and all was fine. I decided to go ahead and trim about 1/8" off the end of the BHO lever so it doesn't stick so far down into the trigger guard, and also decided to grind and polish down a portion of the hammer to make the action smoother. range testing this weekend - we'll see how it goes...

saiga2.jpg

went fantastic! had a single hang up because I didn't realize the new hammer wouldn't work with the BHO lever, but used the old one and all was fine. I decided to go ahead and trim about 1/8" off the end of the BHO lever so it doesn't stick so far down into the trigger guard, and also decided to grind and polish down a portion of the hammer to make the action smoother. range testing this weekend - we'll see how it goes...

saiga2.jpg

Very Nice!!!!!!

Just got mine in today(Parts from Tapco)......hoping I'll have time this weekend to do it.

(Have to clear brush so it won't be a priority.......Gotta keep the armadillos from attacking!)

Is that the short stock....or the NATO? I got the short one and it looks like its off a toy gun......I'm sure it will look good once the trigger is moved up.

Edited by CheepJerokee

saiga2.jpg

Looks great! I'll be testing mine saturday also.. can't wait!

Very Nice!!!!!!

Just got mine in today(Parts from Tapco)......hoping I'll have time this weekend to do it.

(Have to clear brush so it won't be a priority.......Gotta keep the armadillos from attacking!)

Is that the short stock....or the NATO? I got the short one and it looks like its off a toy gun......I'm sure it will look good once the trigger is moved up.

That is the NATO length stock, and realistically it's still an inch or two shorter than I would have preferred... we'll see how it shoots this weekend - and then go from there...