Replacing Buttstock with factory Saiga skeleton stock

What's not compliant is throwing in some 30-rd mags without replacing at least one other part (assuming they are US made mags).

As Nalioth said, you're completely good to go using that stock with the factory 10-rd magazines.

Jim

If you convert to PG and use a US made stock, PG, and FCG, you can use whatever mags you want. (but you will need a feed ramp to use real AK mags)

The OP was asking about just switching the stock with another importable Russian stock.

I gotcha but I wanted to keep my 7.62x39 as russian as possible but add a pistol grip and since I will only use factory 10 rounders do I still need to abide by 922r?

If you can be positive that the alphabet gang isn't gonna stick a SureFire or Master Molder mag in it and fire off 30 shots, you don't need any US parts.

In other words, if you convert the pistol grip and fire control group, you need US parts.

If you do put a pistol grip on a Saiga, you're going to need other US parts to be on the safe side.

If you really want a "as Russian as possible" Saiga, just get the skeleton stock like the OP was inquiring about.

922r affects everything that it covers, and then a little bit more than it literally says.

I for one would not risk a pistol grip Saiga conversion that is not 922r compliant and trying to use the "I only use the factory mag" as a defense.