Compensator in the republic of Mass

Given the following AWB which is still enforced in MA:

a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon ;

(iii) a bayonet mount;

(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) a grenade launcher;

Does anyone agree that i would be able to thread on a comp and pin it in place?

Can i buy a comp and pin it in place?

Thanks

Edited by Allred

That looks just like NJ's bullshit laws too. I don't know about Mass, but I'm pretty sure that in NJ if you can't actually get to the threads(welded, silver soldered, blind pinned) it doesn't count as being threaded. I mean, it can't accommodate a flash suppressor if you can't get to the threads without breaking something, right?

This sounds a lot like NY too. Gotta love the North East USSR...uh, I mean North East USA.

Allred, I firmly believe that you are right in your presumption. If it were me though, I would weld or solder it just to cover my ass to the max.

22 Shooter, thanks bro. I dropped the ball on that one.

Being from NY, do you recommend any specific comps? Are there any comps that are questionable as far as being considered a flash supressor is concerned? Who in the State has the final ruling on if its a comp or a flash supressor? Are there any comps that might function a little as a supressor?

I dunno... We have WASR's coming in all the time here ( in NY) with threaded muzzles and slant brakes on them... NOT PERMANENTLY ATTACHED... Mine even came with a bayonet lug, bayonet, and 2 thirty round magazines... It was sent to my FFL guy, he called it in... I took it home. No problem...

Its now got a 74 style brake on it... instead of the slant brake...

:smoke:

22 Shooter, thanks bro. I dropped the ball on that one.

Being from NY, do you recommend any specific comps? Are there any comps that are questionable as far as being considered a flash supressor is concerned? Who in the State has the final ruling on if its a comp or a flash supressor? Are there any comps that might function a little as a supressor?

I don't have any brakes on my Saigas, so I can't help you there :unsure: .

I dunno... We have WASR's coming in all the time here ( in NY) with threaded muzzles and slant brakes on them... NOT PERMANENTLY ATTACHED... Mine even came with a bayonet lug, bayonet, and 2 thirty round magazines... It was sent to my FFL guy, he called it in... I took it home. No problem... <shrug>

Are WASR's pre-ban? If not, they shouldn't be coming into NY with bayo-lugs or non-perm. attached brakes. Obviously you know; our AWB in NY pretty much mirrors the old Federal AWB. You couldn't have flash hiders on guns made during that ban either, but the brakes were OK when perm. attached. That's the reason NYers are always looking for pre-ban AR lowers, they allow you to have all the evil goodies (telescoping stocks, bayo-lug and flash hiders). I've been spending a lot of time in the "NY Hometown Forum" at barfcom (yes, I know shame on me :D , but you can't find state-specific forums like them anywhere else), and there's mucho info on the whole pre-ban hype, check it out. I remember reading about all that crap back when I was going to get an AR a couple years ago.

Edited by 22_Shooter
I dunno... We have WASR's coming in all the time here ( in NY) with threaded muzzles and slant brakes on them... NOT PERMANENTLY ATTACHED... Mine even came with a bayonet lug, bayonet, and 2 thirty round magazines... It was sent to my FFL guy, he called it in... I took it home. No problem... <shrug>

When I lived on Long Island the gun shops there all had racks of aks, sks and ar15s with bayo lugs, brakes/suppressors and buckets full of hi-cap mags...I never asked any questions and probably didnt get told any lies. I never looked close enough to tell if the muzzle pieces were screwed on or welded.

When I lived on Long Island the gun shops there all had racks of aks, sks and ar15s with bayo lugs, brakes/suppressors and buckets full of hi-cap mags...I never asked any questions and probably didnt get told any lies. I never looked close enough to tell if the muzzle pieces were screwed on or welded.
:unsure:

YUUUP.... Thats about the size of it here too... :up: shhhhh!

• 2 weeks later...