I don't know how much it costs... but what about making your own small sized shot? you just need a "dripper" and a bucket of water... as far as the 00, 000 can you buy molds and pour your own? Get wheel weights from auto shops and stuff, mix with more pure lead and go nuts... might be cheap in the long run... we do our own pours for 9mm bullets... can reload each round for about a dime... not as fast as buying, but half the cost... good for rainy afternoons when nothing is on TV... Just some ideas to ponder...

:smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

Indy thanks for that idea about the weel wieghts. I HAVE MELTED DOWN APPROX 70-80# of lead COST $20.00 I have ordered a slug mold,and a sling shot mold. I cant wait to get them and start making cheap blasting ammo. I wil post pics when I get a chance. Thanks again!

Indy thanks for that idea about the weel wieghts. I HAVE MELTED DOWN APPROX 70-80# of lead COST $20.00 I have ordered a slug mold,and a sling shot mold. I cant wait to get them and start making cheap blasting ammo. I wil post pics when I get a chance. Thanks again!

Make your own shot

Warning, its 30 pages long.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up in salt lake and all the cheap reload lead is gone, we have 25 pound bags at $50, 5 pound boxes of 00, 000, #4 for $20, and all the tire shops are charging for wheel weights, from the people I talked to. Nothings cheap anymore. Its not worth reloading 1/8 ounce loads here. I can still save money on 1/4 ounce number 4 and 5 shot as I get my hulls free. And the 00 is cheaper to reload but still pricey to blast with. I'll shoot (200) 1/4 ounce loads to about 10 buck loads. GOD I hope the prices come down soon.

this is how I track my cost http://www.trapshooters.com/rlcalcadv.htm :dollar:

Edited by utahhandyman