Ordered my 7.62x39 today :)

After my intial post of "Newb with a question" {Saiga or Lancaster?} I have finally decided to get the Saiga, so let the conversion games begin. I was going to settle for a S410 also but decided to wait on the shotgun to see if the S12 becomes available again in my price range. If not then I'll order up a S410. I have read quite a bit on converting and the 922r laws, but I'm sure I'm going to need some info, so be patient with me. Thanks guys for helping me with the questions I have already asked, theDuke. I'm giddier than a bus full of mentally challenged kids going to Disney world.

You're gonna find this very useful when the time comes. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18530

Another thing I need to make clear is, it's not about how many US made parts you add to the rifle, it's all about how many foreign parts you remove. Do the trigger group (three parts removed) add a US made magazine (three more parts removed) and do a US made gas piston (yet another part removed). That will bring you down to only 7 foreign parts. That means you can use foreign furniture if you wanted to. If you're in to the US made stuff you'll be adding 3 US made parts, butt stock, hand guard, and pistol grip. The thing is, the gun doesn't come with a pistol grip so it will only count as removing 2 foreign parts. All of that would get you down to only 5 foreign parts. Just remember to keep the foreign parts down to 10 or less.

You will love that Saiga. I am constantly looking at all the stuff out there in which to "enhance" my AK. If you want to use foreign military mags, an easy (and I do mean easy) way to get 2 US parts is simply to change the followers and floorplates with US ones. But you can use them as is as long as you have that US made FCG (3 parts) and a US buttstock or one other US part. Your count is still down to ten foreign parts. You can replace the buttstock with a US made standard unmodded Saiga pistol grip stock and use US made high caps and be compliant also. (easy)

welcome to your new addiction :smoke:

Thanks guys, but I guess that I posted prematurely. I was having a friend of mine who has a FFL order it up for me, well he called me today and said that Classic Arms is already out of stock again :cryss: . they told him 2 weeks before another shipment comes in, well maybe the S-12's will be available then also. So I will have to wait for the next shipment as from what i have seen they are about $100.00 bucks cheaper than everybody else for the x39. This sucks I feel like Christmas just got cancelled :cryss: .

welcome to your new addiction :smoke:

Thanks guys, but I guess that I posted prematurely. I was having a friend of mine who has a FFL order it up for me, well he called me today and said that Classic Arms is already out of stock again :cryss: . they told him 2 weeks before another shipment comes in, well maybe the S-12's will be available then also. So I will have to wait for the next shipment as from what i have seen they are about $100.00 bucks cheaper than everybody else for the x39. This sucks I feel like Christmas just got cancelled :cryss: .

theDuke,

Arms of America

16" Saiga - 7.62x39 - $289.

Internet address:

http://www.armsofamerica.com/firearms/saigarifles.html

louielouie

ive called classicarms 2 times and have gotten different answers. The first time i called on a friday, they said he was sold out and just sold his last one last night and will have back in stock by thursday. Then i call tuesday and they say they just sold their last one an hour ago and wont have them back in stock for 3 weeks?!?! Maybe they dont like the sound of my voice or something but their website never said out of stock and it still doesnt. I then called DDsRanch and talked to dean for a good 10 minutes trying to find a FFl near me. Ive placed my order and am just waiting to get it from my FFl :alucard:

crunchy53 if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it from DD's? My buddy called Arms of America yesterday and they guys there said he would have to check to see if they had any left and would call back. He never did call back, so my buddy is going to call again today. My buddy is also going to charge me only $10.00 for the transfer. I did check Gunbroker.com and found a couple of them on there but they were quite abit more than the $10-$15 dollar difference RangerDavid said. I am not going to bid on any. I also called Classic yesterday and the lady first said they had them in stock and I said are you sure because my buddy had called Friday and was told they were out of stock. She said well let me check and got back on the phone and said she was sorry but they were out of stock and was hoping to get more in. I said well you should change your website as it was updated yesterday and still showed the 7.62x39 was still in stock.

i paid 299.95 shiped to my FLL. so 279 plus 20 s/h for the 7.62 with 16 inch . But checking their website the price just went up to 289 and they are out of stock :(. if you call they might help you out and let you know when they will get some more. So far dean at dds has been a real help so i do recommend them. Hope i helped

i paid 299.95 shiped to my FLL. so 279 plus 20 s/h for the 7.62 with 16 inch . But checking their website the price just went up to 289 and they are out of stock :(. if you call they might help you out and let you know when they will get some more. So far dean at dds has been a real help so i do recommend them. Hope i helped
Well I called them and he said he might have some left but he wouldn't know until after Thursday. I'm thinking those are probably on auction and he's waiting to see if they sell. I asked if they had any of the dimpled receivers and he said yes but just a few so I said I'll take one. I immediately called my buddy and had him call and order it for me. They said it would be shipped out today......YAHOOOOoooooooo :). We still got no answer from Arms of America. So thanks everyone for the links you all posted, looks as though I'm joing the Saiga family. theDuke

Congrats on the Dimples. There's a gun show in Fort Worth weekend after next and I think I'll pick up another Saiga. I'll be looking for Dimples. My local gunshop said they can't get Saigas at the moment, none available. They are a pretty hot item and everyone is waiting for the next boatload.