Saiga .308 build// Can't get carrier & bolt in

Man, just when I thought I was finished. Only have to reassemble.... Dropped bolt into carrier, dropped B&C into receiver, HUH. It appears the hammer and bolt are binding. Using the carrier only, drops right in and rides forward into receiver perfectly.

Anyone have a clue what my problem is ? Do I fire up the dremmel and grind away at the hammer ?

Thanks in advance...........

Look real closely at the rail on the LH side. There is a notch cut in it, just barely larger than the lug on the L side of the bolt when it's sitting in it's forward position in the carrier. You have to make sure that lug goes squarely into that notch while you are pushing down on the BC assy to compress the hammer spring. It will go in, it just takes a little practice and patience. Push down and in and slide forward.

Look real closely at the rail on the LH side. There is a notch cut in it, just barely larger than the lug on the L side of the bolt when it's sitting in it's forward position in the carrier. You have to make sure that lug goes squarely into that notch while you are pushing down on the BC assy to compress the hammer spring. It will go in, it just takes a little practice and patience. Push down and in and slide forward.

Outstanding info Sir. Remind me to Buy you a Nice Cold Mug of 7.62x51 if the time comes.

This Saiga projest has really taught me a few things.