venting the saiga

anyone out there have any suggestions for venting the the factory fore-grip. I don't have a mill but do have a dremmel. I just don't want to Efff it up. Thanks

there is a sticky in the tech section. actually i think i'm going to do that mod this weekend, soon as i get done adding my side rail.

anyone out there have any suggestions for venting the the factory fore-grip. I don't have a mill but do have a dremmel. I just don't want to Efff it up. Thanks

there is a sticky in the tech section. actually i think i'm going to do that mod this weekend, soon as i get done adding my side rail.

Thanks for the tip ...but i couldnt find it...I'll keep looking

venting isn't hard if your up for it, but i stress to measure over and over, and even practice on something else before doing it, i'm gonna vent my handguard just for shits and giggles, but i'm gonna tape off everything i want to cut as a temp. i got an oldskewl drill press like cobra's, but its a delta...i'll just get a milling bit and go to town...and hey, if i fuck it up, i'll make smiley faces in it and post it lol :D

Here it is i'm not sure if the .308 hand guard is a different size though.

Sounds like Cobra has the perfect tool for the job. He should gather all the old ones from those who went Gali, etc. and vent them to sell to us exchange.........I'd pay $20 for the work to be perfect like that!

I would be happy to vent anyone's HGs if they want to send them to me. My work is guaranteed and they will be perfect. I guess I should put an ad in my sig line or somewhere...

I charge $40 for the work though. Trust me, it's worth it. It takes more than just measuring and cutting straight. You still have to clean them up afterwards.

Smiley faces...lol

I've got a pic somewhere around here of one somebody botched and sent me to try and fix...lol. I'll have to post it. I think I ended up just sending him back one of mine that I did.