I still need a Saiga 12 (and some other input)

Yikes! I decided to wait after being reassured that production was being ramped up and that a large wave would come in late May, but seeing the going rate of a bare bones 12 jump $200 to $750 in 6 weeks is pretty depressing. To think these things used to be $169! My worry is that all the hysteria is just going to cause them to stay at these prices.

Speaking of hysteria, you guys can let me in on something. Are gun dealers LYING SACKS OF SHIT?

The local high-tech store that everybody praises seems like a used car dealership. They sell silencers and let you shoot machine guins and they have a huge inventory of army-style rifles, but just standing around I hear them ranking on the guy that they were just greasing as soon as he walks out the door with the gun they sold him. The big thing, though, is their shameless fear mongering just to boost sales. Every single time I've been in there I've heard them telling people that guns are in shorter and shorter supply and that the second Obama takes office there is going to be a ban.

Obama is a sack of shit with no powerful connections of his own, an IDEAL PUPPET for the Zionist media dictatorship.

HOWEVER, they are not about to stir up some hornet's nest and jump right in to banning guns. NOTHING unites white males (whose vote is split because their unions tell them to vote Democratic) like gun bans. Back when I was anti-gun I remember LOTS of liberal literature, articles, etc., saying that "we" liberals need to understand that Americans "unfortunately" love guns and take the right to protection very seriously, and that "we" liberals shouls stay far and away from gun control because it is "our" achilles heel.

It simply is not right around the corner like gun dealers are claiming.

Even if they were determined to try to pass it, it is hardly some instant effort that would take effect within months of the Democrat victory (not that McCain is pro-gun). The reality is that production is currently sky-high, and there is NO reason to panic NOR for them to be boosting prices beyond the increases we see elsewhere taking fuel into account.

Lastly, if it does pass, they're not going to screw it up this time around. Obama said he supports the gun control of California (which only passed because CA is majority "minority," and the "majority" that is there are liberals). There WAS NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE IN CALIFORNIA. In other words, any AR you buy today would be ILLEGAL overnight under the next anti-gun bill. This time (if there is a 'this time' while white males are still 35% of the country) they're just gonna ban all semi-autos of certain calibers (including .222) and ESPECIALLY 12 gauge.

They'd rather wait for McCain's dream of a Mexican America to come true. Then it's lights out for us in more ways than one.

Clyde is saying June for next shipment to Major distributers. I keep seeing them sporadically for 450-500 out there, however. This forum is the best place to check, as is your local stores, weekly. Id sell ya mine, but its well-abused, and then what would I have to fight off the hordes with???

btw, love the post. dont worry, the AWB bill will be fought by the industry HARD. It will put most of them under the table, and that is NOT the american way.

btw, love the post. dont worry, the AWB bill will be fought by the industry HARD. It will put most of them under the table, and that is NOT the american way.

Hey BVAMP! I know YOU! :) Dude, send me a PM!!

But first, what do you think about my point about gun stores being dishonest? (no offence intended! lol)

OH YEAH! I forgot to add that the same guys that rank on their customers (as if I'm not standing right there) say stuff that even I know is wrong!!! I have been reading about guns in magazines (my mailman must think I'm crazy because I get both Cheaper than Dirt and Delia's catalogs!) and one book for the last 6 months and even I could tell these clowns are often full of shit and pretend they know when it is clear they don't.

Edited by Jennifer
! I have been reading about guns in magazines (my mailman must think I'm crazy because I get both Cheaper than Dirt and Delia's catalogs!) and one book for the last 6 months and even I could tell these clowns are often full of shit and pretend they know when it is clear they don't.

Dang....why you live in the Pac NW again? :angel:

In general most shops I've been into don't know anything about Saigas, heck two of the shops I go into ask me questions since I read too much on here and soak in a little bit. One of the clerks at a sporting goods store here in the east (Dunhams) that used to carry Saigas started telling me about all the great new calibers that Saigas were coming out in, like 28 gauge and 243 WSSM. I was wearing my "Team Saiga" hoodie at the time....nothing screams gun fanboy like writing it across your chest in big red letters but of course I didn't know since I'm young and foolish :rolleyes:

Jennifer, I started a thread a couple of months ago addressing this same issue. I believe, to a certain extent, that there is definitely a level of hysteria being hyped by gun manufacturers and gun stores in a effort to make me feel like I need to buy as much stuff as I possibly can RIGHT NOW.

But really, when you stand back and look at the state of gun sales and availability right now, we're probably doing the best we've done in a while. The fact that you can get a decent AK for ~$300-400 is pretty amazing, considering back in the 1980's, before there was a bunch of mainstream stigma placed on AK's, you could get one brand new for around $200, from what I understand. That's not a big price difference when you factor in inflation and whatnot. Hell, a gallon of gas is 4X what it was then, probably more with inflation, while guns are only 2X the price of 20-25 years ago.

I will say that ammo prices have skyrocketed, and that really worries me. I feel like they will not try to ban guns the next time around, seeing how their first attempt at regulating scary looking guns was a miserable failure, but instead will attempt to at least regulate, at worst outlaw ammunition.

Just my two cents.

Actually the 2000 California ban did in fact grandfather in the AR's and many other guns. Everyone had 6 months or so to register them. Even if you registered your gun during the first 1989 ban, you still had to do it again at the end of 1999. Either way, they were not confiscated. You kept your gun.....so far.

Tony

Girl + Seattle = Gun Lover??? :huh:

***ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE***

Glad to see that not everyone on the West coast is a nut-job though. Welcome to the sane half of America who believe that protecting your property, your family, and your life means doing it yourself, and not expecting the Gummint (LEO) to save you!

:D

(Plus, shooting is fun!)

Edited by SaigaNoobie