August 16, 2008 the Livingston Gun Club in Brighton MI will be holding a 8 Stage Shotgun Championship. It will be hosted by mi3gun.com visit the www.mi3gun.com website for details and registration form. Pre-registration is required! Check out their website they also hold multigun matches. August 16 is a shotgun and on the 17 is a multigun.

Should I go for it????? or will I just make an ass of myself?????

Go for it! I'm going to try and get the stage descriptions to see if they are going to make it harder for the saiga shooters. An example would be numbere ot targets 10 and stage description: From Shooting Box, starting with 5 rounds loaded, on the signal engage only one target, load one round, then engage only two targets, then load two rounds, then engage only three targets, then load three rounds, then engage the four remaining targets, missed targets may be made up at the end of the string without penalty. This would require a lot of mag changes and make it a disadvantage for a saiga shooter if he were trying to win the stage.

Hmmmmmm..... sure does sound like fun.

it's only about 40 min from where I live

Hey Top, you gonna make that one?

how did the whole E-9 thing go???

John, Too bad your not gonna make the Mich Match........I 'm thinking about driving up as it would make a nice overniter....and I can stop in at Camp Perry. So your E9 test went good, well good luck with it.......I think I made E5 twice or was it three times..... :rolleyes:

John, Too bad your not gonna make the Mich Match........I 'm thinking about driving up as it would make a nice overniter....and I can stop in at Camp Perry. So your E9 test went good, well good luck with it.......I think I made E5 twice or was it three times..... :rolleyes:

Received a quick reply from Michigan about the shotgun match: I described a start with 5 at the audible shoot 1 load 1 etc.

We've never had a stage such as you describe. There may be limited shotgun stages, where you might start with 5 in the gun to simulate a 'pick-up gun', and then it's up to you what you do from then on, and we have been known to have stages where the gun is completely empty, and you do what you want as far as loading, or in the case of multigun just going straight for the rifle or gun.

In general, we strive to have real world tactical problems, rather than anything contrived like 'shoot one, load one' or things like that. We had at least one Saiga shooter last year and heard no complaints, so come on out and have some fun.

Like Curt says come on out and have some fun! The saiga will be put in the open class and the reason because we are able to do quick reloads like the tube feeders. You can have optics or dot, compensated or not. Best slug loads are reduced recoil they will cycle in a saiga. Best loads for clays are spreaders, for steel #6. Usually #6 is lowest you can go, but then that depends on the range.

Come on saiga shooters show up and let them see what a saiga can do! The name of the game is have fun if you can't then why shoot.

Edited by TechTeach
Should I go for it????? or will I just make an ass of myself?????

Go for it Juggernaut! I just did my first 3gun and I found I was far from the worst there.

We have a responsibility to bring the tube feeding masses new technology. We must convert them from their barbarian ways and show them that the true path to enlightenment lies through acceptance of the Saiga. :lolol:

Shoot one load one is a stupid stage but just do your best one it, and then smoke it, these things will serve to even the playing field, or they think. Best thing to do there is just try not to lose too much time and practice a technique of course if you had a LRBHO device you would really piss them off. They would most likely wet their panties when you keep up twith them on that stage.

Sooner or later you will bring them into the light and they will get tired of losing.

Here is the deal, you guys that don't have a lot of match shooting under your belt, don't expect to walk in there and rule the roost there are some damn good shotgunners out there who use tubefeeders, the bright side is that after about a dozen or so matches your going to get better and develop your own techniques that will put you in the driver's seat.

One more thing, there is no question that the Saiga -12 is the best combat shotgun on the planet, yes we can argue but the other contenders are made of a material the negates their pluses that material is called UNOBTAINABLE, so that leaves the Saiga in the drives seat for a long time. They are going to have to get on the band wagon or get left in the dust.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...