Why the heck is the Saiga not in the "Tactical Division" what could be more tactical? Everyone has a magazine fed rifle and a magazine fed pistol why is it such a huge leap to a magazine fed shotgun?

Got to go to work E-9 test today so wish me luck Comrades!

Why the heck is the Saiga not in the "Tactical Division" what could be more tactical? Everyone has a magazine fed rifle and a magazine fed pistol why is it such a huge leap to a magazine fed shotgun?

Great luck wished to you!

John,

We are in "Open" division merely because most tube-fed shotgun owner's do not want to obsolete virtually overnight due to an inexpensive mag fed shotgun turning USPSA and IPSC competitions into a new technology race. It's much easier to avoid the excessive moaning and wailing that the Saiga-12 is "unfair" in any other class than "Open". Some of these same crybaby types have as much or more invested in the barrel of their "Racegun Remington 1100" alone than I have in my Saiga-12 with 10-round mags and folding stock.

Personally, I glad the Saiga-12 is not widely accepted as it could be in major competition circles as this is one of the few advantages I have in certain stages.

Best of luck on the Masterchief's exam!!

Good luck on your exam!

From what I saw at my match Sunday the S12 is not THAT big of an advantage. I saw extended tubes with speed feed setups where they can shove 4 rds in far faster that I can change mags! Also on stages where you need to shoot both shot and slugs, they can shove in just slugs by hand and I have to do a whole mag swap.

Where I shoot the tube fed guns aren't allowed speedloaders, so my mag changes are a definate advantage. Plus, we been having high round count stages, meaning more reload time for the tube fed guys. Last match, what with overall time limits on the stages and 18+ round counts, I was actually getting a little wasteful with the shots being in a hurry, simply because I knew I could, and still beat out most of the competition speed wise, due to having faster reloads.

Almost forgot: Good Luck on your test.

Edited by Gunfixr

Thanks guys the test went well, lots of ship stuff having 5 cutters under my belt really paid off.

The worlds TACTICAL DIVISION should mean what it says, not two combat weapons and an antique, I believe tactical types (like Gabe for one) should look to the competition world for new equipment like the auto industry looks to racing.

yeah, they don't want all their guns to be obsolete over night. It was called "Tactical" as the equipment used was standard tactical equipment of the '90s when multigun shooting started taking off. If you look at older rules "Tactical" or "Tactical Scope" allowed military issue optics only on rifles, and there was an approved list. They later changed that to any single optic.

I really don't care that I have to shoot in Open, having a mag fed shotgun makes it much more fun. I am competitive with it, placing towards the tope locally quite often (and sometimes nationally, depending on who I shoot against.

If you don't want to shoot in Open, you can do Trooper at the matches that allow it.

Edited by SinistralRifleman