Saiga 20 for my wife

Well, my wife shot about 20 rounds out of my S12, and she loved it. Her only downfall was that it is very heavy (She's 5'3" and weighs 115 lbs). So she asked me if I could buy a 20 guage and convert it. She plans on using this for 3 gun, as well as fuckin around while we're out on the quads.

those of you who own a 20, are they any lighter than a 12? Can you recommend any mods (I'm going to convert it) that would help reduce the weight?

TIA

Actually the 20 can be just as brutal as the 12. There's not much difference in recoil especially if using slugs in the 20. I let Racegal (she's about 5'5" and 110 lbs) shoot a couple of my S-12s and she dumped several 10 rd mags of #8 with no problem, wearing a denim jacket over a hoodie. Then next time we went out she let loose with an 8 rd mag of slugs through my S-20, wearing a tank top, and got a real shiner on her shoulder...one of those multi colored ones...lol

Wow, that's interesting. I thought for sure 20 would be less. Of course, the clothes you wear DO make a difference :D

What about the actual weight of the 20? Is it any lighter? (Don't know why it would be) That's really her only complaint is the weight of the thing.

Yeah That's something most people complain about first, the forward weight. Mine are all converted now so it's not as much an issue but yes the 12 is more heavy up front.

Cool. Thanks! We're trying to avoid SBS cause she'll mainly use it to practice clays and such. Thanks for the info.

We'll we're definitly getting a 20 :D so far I'm thinking mercury tube, shorter folding stock, limbsaver, and some sort of break (reducing recoil). Anyone know of a muzzle break for 20 guages? I checked missauto and couldn't find one. Thanks for your help guys!

Dinzag sells a brake. And no the difference in S12 and S20 recoil is not much, mainly because the S12 is heavier resulting in less felt recoil.

Brakes only reduce muzzle rise, which incidentally isn't a huge problem with saigas because they are so front heavy, especially with longer barrels.