So despite the fact that I can't read the 3 mags I already receive I am tempted to subscribe to another magazine... I would like it to be gun and or survival oriented. I was thinking of shotgun news cause a friend left one over and it was a good read.... anyways what mags do you all subscribe to?

incidentally all 3 of my mags are membership mags, I subscribed to maxim, stuff, pop mech, pop sci and penthouse out one point in time but kinda outgrew them, here is what I currently receive:

IEEE Spectrum (Pop sci's big, sophisticated brother)

Physics Today

American Rifleman

I am very partial to Scientific American... I USED to like "discover" till it got too dumb to read... thats why Sci-am is better... retains its edge... If you want one thats even more technical, go with "Science" It comes out once a week and always delivers on the "whats new in science now" end of things... but that one is like straight from the PHD theses pages... so it sometimes leaves you scratching your head thinking...uh huh... I kinda know what you are trying to say, but a page of formulae kinda takes it over the top...

I find a copy of guns and ammo is great, cept after about two visits to the "library" I have read it cover to cover... and it usually has nothing to do with anything I would ever see in person, or use in real life... unless I made 10X what I make now... They TRY to show some cheaper stuff... but I wont hold my breath for it to be commonplace... Its a mag I wouldnt pay for, but would read if someone gave me a subscription...

Ditto the above comment on shotgun news, its really not more than a huge advertisement for every gun house in the world to advertise... in big color pictures!!!

yeah... it will cost you money, cause you will "have to have that" when you read it...

:smoke:

ShotGun News. Subscribe, get your C&R liscense , send copies to everyone who advertises C&R there, as well as anyone selling parts or ammo that you would like a discount on.

Then relax and enjoy the life of collecting and self imposed poverty that you will be living!

All shotgun news would do is have you wanting to buy more guns if it is the one that I am thinking of :)

Yes that is the one you are thinking of... I was looking at the cover of them and apparently every few months they have an issue that is more like a true magazine than the others... thats the one I had read... I'll see if I cant get ahold of a another issue to check for consistancy...

I am very partial to Scientific American...

Yeah, I just cant do another science mag, especially one with equations. Between the two sci mags I already read (which are essentially free, so not like I can change to another mag) and all the journal and conference papers I wade through on a near daily basis I don't think I could take anymore.

Just subscribed to Guns and Ammo.. I figure $14/yr is worth a try.. and tacked on a subscription of "Handguns" for $5... If I were to go buy a sample copy of either of these it would cost me $6 a pop, so I figure buying a year is the easiest way to sample.