What does this part do?

Almost through with my conversion and like an idiot, didn't study the original function good enough. I'm going to test it out tomorrow without the bolt hold open (because I forgot how it went in and dont use it much anyway) but dont know if leaving this part out will mess up the gun when I shoot it. I think it has to do with the BHO and leaving it out will be ok, but I thought I would check first to be safe.

Anyway, heres the part in a sucky picture:

S12FCG1.jpg

What does this part do?

Will using a tapco trigger/disconnector instead of the one pictured be ok with the original saiga hammer?

It is an overtravel stop.

When you pull the trigger it causes the trigger to not pull any further past tht point. allowing faster followup shots, as the trigger has less distance to go to "reset"...

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell... Others may give you more specific details... but thats basically all it does.

:smoke:

Thanks, is there a noticeable difference between shooting with/without the stop? I'll just throw in the tapco FCG I have and test it out tomorrow.
It's not needed with a real trigger.

The original BHO can be entirely left out with out any effects on trigger function.

If you would like a really nice and SAFE bolt-hold-open, try either cutting a notch out of the safety lever top edge (where the bolt handle will sit when held open) so the safety lever can bu raised to SAFE . . .

*or*

Getting a precut safety lever and just replacing the lever.

Here's where I cut my own safety lever on my 410 . . .

See: http://www.madwulf.com/Saiga410.htm

It holds the bolt open like it's been welded, and the hammer stays put even when dropping the shotgun.

(yeah, don't ask about THAT one... :cryss: )

- Madwulf