My .308 needs a "nose job"

I'm very happy with this rifle thus far. $305 (don't ask- they sold out at that price a while back ) plus fees for PG conversion (including BHO).

I took it to the range yesterday, and ran 25 rds of Malaysian surplus ammo through a 25rd SureFire mag. No problems. I was firing slow off the bench to see how it would group. (surprisingly tight, but my eyes had trouble with the indoor lighting focusing the front sight on the sight-in target.....not a big fan of standard AK sights for "sighting in").

I removed the Tapco stock that came with conversion and installed a Vltor AK extension tube (Brownells p/n 100-003-177) and EMOD stock (100-003-186). What a difference! The surface area is at least 50% bigger, and the weight helps balance the comparatively thick barrel.

Suggestions on a flash hider and foregrips?

Saiga_308_Emod.jpg

100_0590.jpg

+1 for Dinzag.

He is kind of a one-stop-shop for the do-it-yerselfers - especially for the S-308. For a nomininal fee, he can back-bore your FSB to set back on the barrel, rent you a threading kit (with TAT) for the barrel diameter you have (5/8-24 or 17x1) and rent you a crowning tool too. He can also tap your muzzle device for your threaded muzzle or sell you one he has listed. All this, and he has some very good tutorials on how to correctly do all these thing. None of this terribly expensive and he is a great guy to deal with. :super:

I put an M-60 GPMG flash suppressor (which is already 5/8-24, FWIW) on mine and Dinzag machined off the small ring around the base of it so it would fit flush with the FSB. I had him do that when I sent him my FSB to be back-bored...