Door breacher shark brake on S06 flared out a little

When I was cleaning my S06 I noticed that the edges closest to the muzzle of the rearmost slots on both sides of my brake were flared out a little, apparently from muzzle blast pressures. Looking on the inside I could see this happened as a result of the metal being very thin right at that area due to the brake having been bored out & threaded so as to allow it to slip over and screw onto the end of the barrel. For what it's worth it looks like it was bored out for a longer distance forward than it needed to be based on where the muzzle was.

I easily removed the small flared area with a small flat file and retouched with cold blue. What impressed me about all this was that the pressure at the end of the 14" barrel was so high as to cause ANY amount of metal to flare out, thin or otherwise. That brake WORKS. I'm sure there is a huge difference in shooting with it, and without it. Firing a long series of slugs and buck through it is not unpleasant in the least. No sissy limbsaver recoil pads for me. A "normal" unbraked 870 or 1100 is far worse. If I ever need a recoil pad on my S06 I will consider myself sacless and accordingly install a maxi-pad on the butt using Hello Kitty tape.

.........recoil is just a sure indication that you're still alive!! Pull that stock in tight, pull the trigger, and THRIVE on it !!

Try snapping a cap or two on a .577 T-REX and let me know if you're still THRIVING :-). At 61 with bursitis & arthritis in both shoulders plus a partially detached retina, I don't thrive on recoil like I use too. I use Enidine recoil buffer and MagPul CTR stock on my S06 and am still thriving just fine after I shoot 3-4 box's of 3" mag 00 buck. I get my kicks from the muzzle blast and looks on the guys faces standing on either side of me :-).

I have a S17 8" incoming with same Enidine/MagPul stock config. Can't wait too see and feel the blast from that bad boy but won't miss the ass kicking recoil at all. Age and failing health will change your attitude about a lot of things you use to enjoy. Bring on the Maxi-Pad and Hello Kitty Tape if it allows me to still enjoy my favorite shooting activity without days of pain afterwords. Different strokes for different folks.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=198019

Edited by jerrytofdallas
Try snapping a cap or two on a .577 T-REX and let me know if you're still THRIVING

.577? I'm still planning to shoulder-fire the Lahti.

Always an exception and you and Tony would be the two who I figure would pop the T-REX and wonder what all the fuss was about, but for us mere mortals, it's a real ass kicker :-). This from somebody who use to shoot his custom built Maadi Griffin Model 92 50 BMG short barrel carbine from the shoulder on a regular basis. Recoil wasn't bad but muzzle blast would take your head off. Same thing with a Solothurn S18/1000 20mm I owned years ago. Finally sold both about 10 years ago. I suspect lifting the Lahti up to your shoulder will hurt more than shooting it :-). Looking forward to the video.

Try snapping a cap or two on a .577 T-REX and let me know if you're still THRIVING

.577? I'm still planning to shoulder-fire the Lahti.

That gave me the image in my head of the video of the guy shoulder firing the recoiless rifle in Trashcanistan I believe.... LOL

I think Jeaux can just get down on all fours so Bob can rest that Lahti barrel on his ass!!!!

Tony

Sure, the barrel should lay right in the crease. Make sure and keep your head down, Joe!