Ok here goes. My next to next gun is going to be a 45 acp. I am looking at the Tangofolio as well as either a CZ, Taurus or Baby Eagle. I am already about to buy the CZ 75B 9mm next week. But I keep hearing quite a bit about the EAA guns. So of those of you out their who own one what's your opinion?

1 Good or bad?

2 Price range?

3 Likely to recommend to others?

If you're interested in anything other than the 10mm, then I'd suggest sticking with the CZ.

The real appeal of the witness is the fact that it's so interchangable with so many cartridges (assuming you start with a large frame model such as the 45 or 10mm). You can turn them into a 9mm, 38 sup, 40, 10mm, or 45 using simple top end or in some cases just bbl swaps.

I have a witness 10mm wonder finish that's finally a nice gun (after some fluff and buff, and other tinkering), but I have added a springco recoil reducer and you really have to tune up the springs to the particular load your using. The 10mm will also shoot 40 with a simple bbl swap, just not super reliably. The 10mm is sort of a 357/41 mag in terms of power (way outclassing the 45, and a legal deer load in many states). I like the 10mm due to the raw power in an autoloader (16 rounds of 357 mag power is a good thing to have under the front seat).

If you want a good 45 and want it to stay as a 45, CZ is the way to go (or there are many other good makes in 45 that aren't a CZ type design).

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow has best bang for buck imo.

second comes the IMI.

third the Tanfoglio (though its modability does come into play if that's your thing).

Taurus i don't know first hand in that type, so i'll leave them out of the list.

if you want the best CZ75-type gun you'll ever buy, you need a Sphinx 3000 Competition, but that'll run you like 4200$ or something? :) those guns run like the slide is on ballbearings... hell, if you work the slide after oiling it, it sounds like it's creating a vacuum seal when you rack it. :P

post-5168-1213449250_thumb.jpg