I'n considering going with a folding stock in my conversion.

I like the overall look, but it appears as though they may make the gun somewhat akward to use.

Particularly those that fold to the right, as I'm right handed.

Any thoughts, experiences, or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks.

ATI has a new 6 position stock that also folds to the left. It locks in place short of the optics rail. It will not lock with the optics mounted however. So, just use the lever lock mounts, NP. Check out one on my S12...still a work in progress!

post-11235-1212621655_thumb.jpg

I love the Rommy side-folders, but they make the gun too short to be California legal, so I have them on my pump-action AKs. They are great for making a light concealable gun and they are fast into action.

The Ace folders are the best though. You can make them fold left or right. Mine lock to the left with optics too.

I really like the clean, minimalist look of the Romanian side folder,

and luckily I live in a very firearm permissive state.

Do they feel solid when they're deployed?

I was thinking about going with the Bulgarian, but if the Romanian works well (and is about 1/3 the cost)

I'll likely go with that one.

• 2 weeks later...
ATI has a new 6 position stock that also folds to the left. It locks in place short of the optics rail. It will not lock with the optics mounted however. So, just use the lever lock mounts, NP. Check out one on my S12...still a work in progress!

I wonder how this stock counts as compliance parts ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a romy push-button on my WASR....It went on and stayed on :) Very solid locking both ways, rifle is functional with it folded, AND it is a breeze to fold and unfold. Perfect for a 7.62x39, probably equally suited for a .223. Very robust.

34893AK-47.jpg