Ever notice that natural disasters that happen in nonliberal controled areas, the locals take care of themselves and only use the Feds/State as backup. Whole city of Cedar Rapids, IA is flooded. Don't see mass chaos. Walmart wasn't even looted.

Yep, It seems that it might be a midwest mindset. The town of Parkersburg, Iowa got hit directly with an EF5 tornado right before all this @%$^&^ WATER. It is just west of Cedar Falls. People are trying to help those poor souls out in their time of need. There was a vid from an ATM that taped a house getting flattened. My thoughts and prayers have been going out to those in need. The authorites actually caught one guy looting houses that were still standing. I think he's pretty lucky that the cops got him before the townsfolk got ahold of that POS.

I don't think it is a "midwest mindset", I think it is a mindset that pervades places where people aren't on the govt. dole. Texas and Mississippi were hit badly by Katrina as well and no looting occured. If things go bad you have the joy of knowing that your target in all likelihood will be a liberal/thief.

Edited by 1911
I dopn't think it is a "midwest mindset", I think it is a mindset that pervades places where people aren't on the govt. dole. Texas and Mississippi were hit badly by Katrina as well and no looting occured. If things go bad you have the joy of knowing that your target in all likelihood will be a liberal/thief.

I'm sure your right 1911. You just don't hear the good things that people do anymore, I guess it must not get good enough "ratings." I guess I can only take so much news before I get jaded.

Yep, It seems that it might be a midwest mindset. The town of Parkersburg, Iowa got hit directly with an EF5 tornado right before all this @%$^&^ WATER. It is just west of Cedar Falls. People are trying to help those poor souls out in their time of need. There was a vid from an ATM that taped a house getting flattened. My thoughts and prayers have been going out to those in need. The authorites actually caught one guy looting houses that were still standing. I think he's pretty lucky that the cops got him before the townsfolk got ahold of that POS.

In my book looters are on the same level as grave robbers. They ought to be shot out of principal if nothing else.