Saiga 12 makes another video game appearance in Metal Gear Solid 4 &#3

It's also in Battlefield: Bad Company (coming out June 25th, but the demo is out now).

I liked it better when they weren't getting as much exposure. You know.........when they were actually cheap.

Edited by Monk

hear hear!

I've always been a MGS fan, in part for this very reason.

The first time I heard about the AK74U was in "Sons of Liberty".

I don't own any next-gen game consoles, in fact for the most part I've outgrown videogames after PS1, but if I had time & money, I would plunk down the dough for PS3, if only for MGS: Guns of the Patriots.

Edited by headarmorer
It's also in Battlefield: Bad Company (coming out June 25th, but the demo is out now).

I liked it better when they weren't getting as much exposure. You know.........when they were actually cheap.

i dunno. from what i've observed, they were getting expensive before that, in large part due to scarcity caused by erratic importation.

especially when it comes to dealing with Saigas, it's not like it's very demand-driven. when the Izmash spigot is turned-on, the price is cheap, but the fact that the Russians frequently turn-off the spigot without much rhyme or reason has caused price speculation, which makes the costs even worse because people aren't sure when they'll see them again.

if anything, i think having them in the games helps a little, because it becomes a product that is demand-driven: companies become much more responsive when they think there is a genuine market out there to be manipulated. just look at the Nissan Skyline: Nissan never imported them or thought about it, because Americans never knew what it was. Now, after a couple Gran Turismos and an unexpected popularity hike in the American market, we're about to get it for the first time.

The first time I heard about the AK74U was in "Sons of Liberty".

+1, I have been an Snake freak since Metal Gear (NES). I can safely say that Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater are the very reasons I got so hooked on AK's. My first plunge was a PSL, because it looked like a gun I saw in Iraq, and a gun that was in that game. Still haven't gotten that 74u, but I will, silenced and everything!! I'll likely get the outfit that it's used with too, because I'm just that nerdy!!

Raiden.jpg

I just picked up the new one, but I've already sent my PS3 forward to Iraq, so it'll be a month or two before I start playing........................

:ded::ded::ded:

How is that game stalker? I always found it odd that they made a game based on that movie.

It's set in Ukraine, in the Pripyat and Chernobyl NPP area. The story is there was another explosion in block 4 in 2012 and all sorts of wierd shit started happening. The atmosphere is really great, i can't get bored of it after a year(!) of playing.

It isn't really connected to the movie, it has more in common with the book, Roadside Picnic, but the plot and setting is different.

Edited by Agias
Yea I dont suppose it being like the movie would be that great. I mean you would throw rocks the whole game to avoid "traps". Did any of you notice that the Saiga is the most expensive shotgun on metal gear solid?

Well, that aspect of avoiding anomalies are present in the game, but not needed. There are ways to visually detect anomalies. Wind, leaves dancing in the air, blood stains, etc.

As for the saiga being the most expensive, perhaps it's because of game balance. The (probably, havent played it) best shotgun in the game can't be one of the cheapest.

The (probably, havent played it) best shotgun in the game can't be one of the cheapest.

It certainly makes for an entertaining building clearing weapon.

Too bad you can't use it on the motorcycle chase level though... something about only using a weapon that can be effectively used one handed... BAH

Yea I dont suppose it being like the movie would be that great. I mean you would throw rocks the whole game to avoid "traps". Did any of you notice that the Saiga is the most expensive shotgun on metal gear solid?

IIRC they describe it as having the highest standard round count (8 round mags), and fastest reload of any shotgun- so that may explain it.

Edited by jlseagull

IIRC they describe it as having the highest standard round count (8 round mags), and fastest reload of any shotgun- so that may explain it.

Yep, that's what i was saying too - game balance

• 3 weeks later...

well well, i was playing my cusins new game last night "Battlefield bad company"and after wiping out a dug in russan aa battery i was running through the trenches picking up ammo and swapping guns to find one i liked. then i picked up one that i had not yet come across, it was a saiga. and yes it is a saiga 12 not a 20!! took a pic but to lazy right know to load it on my lap top. so i did a web search and found this thread and the main bad company web page with this pic of the saiga!!

post-6708-1215959880_thumb.jpg

There's one of those sitting on a box where you start the level. That is if we're talking about the same level. Anyways, BF:BC has some of the best weapon sounds i've ever heard in a videogame. I'm really impressed. I spent literally hours chopping down trees with the humvee's machinegun :P

i picked up part way through his game.

but yeah the love how the environment reacts, especially like blowing off the sides if buildings and then shooting the people inside!! dont like how bullets dont go through thin walls