New 2008 Competition Gun for Dean Makkos (pic)

"Rem Chokes inside the brake" . . .

HOLY CRAP, why didn't I think of that?!

My local gunsmith has a long tool that cuts Remchoke threads in shotgun barrels (he did an 870 bbl. for me a few years back) and I already have a set of Remchokes.

I am going to guess that an elongated Remchoke wrench isn't all that complicated to make.

I am going to seriously consider doing this. Tony, and pitfalls or tips I need to know about, or is this a straightforward Remchoke cutting deal as with any other shotgun barrel?

I just put the barrel in the lathe and ran the choke reamer down it, then turned in the tap. That's it.

Take your choke wrench and cut head off of the handle, weld a 3" piece of 20mm tubing to it, then weld the handle back on.

Tony

Wow, Tony,

That is something! Could you ask the owner to post some match tidbits on the competitors corner area of this board.

Thanks,

Edited by topmaul
Could you ask the owner to post some match tidbits on the competitors corner area of this board.

I don't know him that well, but my guess is that "Mean Dean" Makkos doesn't hang out on forums much.

img_1150822641_14967_1174663212_mod_363_147.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The guys at TROMIX are the BEST THERE IS!!!!!!

The saiga that I have now is still as fast as can be....

NOW that they have gone to tHe next step with the MAGWELL I know it will be even faster.....

I will send tromix videos and pics of action with the saiga as I have reloads with the regular 12 at 1.3 seconds shot to shot...

Hopefully this one will be under a second!!

TROMIX is the best!!! THANKS GUYS AND ALL YOUR HELP...

DEAN MAKKOS

Edited by DEAN

Tony if Dean proves the magwell to be as successful as he thinks, might it be possible in the future to provide the magwell as an option for Tromix weapons and possibly as a upgrade to exsisting weapons in the form of a kit or even a send in to upgrade?? I know you have said more than a few times just how time consuming and difficult the magwell mod is but I was thinking that if Dean supports and endorses it after a successful season the number of sales it might generate could possibly offset the difficulty. Just a thought

Edited by gmorgan