Hey guys, I have completely disassembled my 7.62 and removed the trigger plate. The only problem is that I cannot get the original disconnector spring out. I have tried to punch out the pin every way that I can think of. I have tried it with the spring pressed down, with it not pressed down, half way pressed down, etc. Anyone have any suggestions/tips?

Hey guys, I have completely disassembled my 7.62 and removed the trigger plate. The only problem is that I cannot get the original disconnector spring out. I have tried to punch out the pin every way that I can think of. I have tried it with the spring pressed down, with it not pressed down, half way pressed down, etc. Anyone have any suggestions/tips?

By your description the main problem is not being able to get the axis pin out. Did you remove the retainer wire?

By your description the main problem is not being able to get the axis pin out. Did you remove the retainer wire?

Yeah, that sounds accurate, it is the pin that holds the "trigger" assembly together. The trigger iscompletely removed from the rifle. There is a retaing wire that is keeping the axis pin in?

No, from your description, the retaining wire has already been removed. To tell you the truth, from what I have heard, it is SO much easier to just buy a new disconnector spring. I have done that with both of my conversions because it sounds like such a pain in the ass to remove the original.

I'm really not sure I've ever seen these "problem child assemblies". All my Saiga trigger unions had a simple roll pin holding them together, and it comes out with the help of a punch.

Agree. Just find a punch slightly larger than the roll pin I.D. and it should come out in the one direction that doesn't have the lip on it.