shiny new saiga 12

Okay, I have this shiny new saiga 12 22" barrel I got from CDNN with the full choke on it.

I just finished up a PG conversion on a 308, I still need to stick a bullet guide into my PG converted 7.62x39.

Should I do the same thing on this one too?

Btw, I just popped open the top and there's no BHO on this one.

Hmm...the more I look at it the more I like it in it's current configuration. I probably should just order another one to screw with :(

Edited by brian33x51

Get a few boxes of cheap ammo, a few cardboard boxes and see how long you can keep them in the air and how fast you can dump 5 rounds. My son and I did that last night after I picked up mine and didn't stop smiling for an hour.

I think what I like most about this gun is that I can blast away like that without using a centerfire rifle cartridge that has a range of several miles! Much safer.

you cant convert it if you live in NY. like that applies to you? not sure?

ill tell ya what you can do with it......blast some stuff the heck up!

No, I'm in Colorado, though sadly it's one of the most liberal mountain states. Denver has decided that state law doesn't apply to it and the nice liberal judges so far agree with Denver. Thankfully I don't live in that hole, sadly I live within 5 miles of it, though.

I'm seriously considering buying another 12 gauge from CDNN before they run out, keeping one as original for sporting clays and going bad%$# on the other one.

The 2 conversion I already did look pretty tame to me, even though they are evil black rifles. Perhaps it's the lack of eeevil muzzle devices that make those look so tame...

How well would OD paint hold on the forearm? I might consider OD furniture this time around.

brian,

From what I've been researching, I think the way to go would be to scuff/clean the forearm and apply truck bed liner.  Then use the OD paint.

Gives a little more gription.

Ugh, why can't anythign ever be EASY?

:cryss:

Brian,

You may be able to just use the OD green without the bedliner. I'm sure you could. I was just passing on a popular finish that would result in a nice texture that you don't get with a standard stock! Didn't mean to scare you...

:haha:

Besides, half the fun of owning guns is working on them, right?