Barrel Issue

I grabbed my saiga-12...and unfortunatly it had been in the safe for about 2 years without firing--so I figured I would give it a good cleaning and oiling get all the dust off of it. After I did that I shined a light to make sure the barrel was clear and I saw something odd--its about 12 inches down...about where the gas turny thingy is, and its on the top of the barrel. I'm not sure what it is, I was thinking maybe powder or god forbid rust, but the patches come out clean. I got to looking and thought it might be an imperfection in the metel, or a chip or something--I've only got about 30 rounds through it, and that was 2 years ago, is this normal or should I be worried, maybe take it to a smith?

Thanks

Kevin

I grabbed my saiga-12...and unfortunatly it had been in the safe for about 2 years without firing--so I figured I would give it a good cleaning and oiling get all the dust off of it. After I did that I shined a light to make sure the barrel was clear and I saw something odd--its about 12 inches down...about where the gas turny thingy is, and its on the top of the barrel. I'm not sure what it is, I was thinking maybe powder or god forbid rust, but the patches come out clean. I got to looking and thought it might be an imperfection in the metel, or a chip or something--I've only got about 30 rounds through it, and that was 2 years ago, is this normal or should I be worried, maybe take it to a smith?

Thanks

Kevin

Are you saying you see the gas port? =)

are you saying you see the gas port? =)

This is why I am not allowed to talk in public, I look silly :unsure:

Must have just never noticed it before--It looked different than I remembered...I was hoping it was just the port. Well atleast its cleaner than it ever has been :)

Thanks

Edited by ktatro