Has anyone tried the bullet guides from K-Var

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried the bullet guides on K-Var.com.

I've seen people ask before and rather than get a real answer, people just tell them that they should buy one from Dinzag since his work great. I've got a Dinzag guide in my 7.62, but I was just curious if these work and fit properly in a Saiga 7.62x39:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=281&page=1

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried the bullet guides on K-Var.com.

I've seen people ask before and rather than get a real answer, people just tell them that they should buy one from Dinzag since his work great. I've got a Dinzag guide in my 7.62, but I was just curious if these work and fit properly in a Saiga 7.62x39:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=281&page=1

I don't think that will fit correctly on top of the Saiga trunion. The left side looks to tall.

I have read of people using 3/4 inch interior diameter steel pipe cut to fit.

Plus the kit requires you to rivet it on. Dinzag has a drill/tap kit that just requires...a drill.

Well it has the rivet hole in it, but you can use a screw just the same. 15 bucks just seemed like a decent deal, but if you have to dremel it down and shit, Dinzag's 'drop in' guide is probably a better solution for the price..

Plus the kit requires you to rivet it on. Dinzag has a drill/tap kit that just requires...a drill.

Well it has the rivet hole in it, but you can use a screw just the same. 15 bucks just seemed like a decent deal, but if you have to dremel it down and shit, Dinzag's 'drop in' guide is probably a better solution for the price..

Here is a pic of one we installed in a rifle that we converted to "near" AK-103 specs. I wasn't aware that the lug inside the trunion was the latest modification to the AK-series (I thought it was part of the import sterlization process). I was able to install the factory Bulgarian 7.62x39mm bullet guide and we plug welded it with a TIG. We also TIG'ed the other holes to give the rifle a more factory appearance. It still needs to be completely refinished but you you can see the difference.

ak103bulletguidewc6.jpg

ak103saiga22jw9.jpg

ak103saiga11st9.jpg

thanks,

Ron

(owner of Henderson Defense Industries)