found this in 2 G kits...

check your NFA laws boys. If you possess parts for a machine gun they can in some cases be called machine guns in themselves by the BATFE. Even if you dont own the firearm they are intended to go in. Whether or not you have an AK with the auto sear hole in it is irrelevant.

Machinegun. The term 'machinegun'

means any weapon which shoots, is

designed to shoot, or can be readily restored

to shoot, automatically more than

one shot, without manual reloading, by a

single function of the trigger. The term

shall also include the frame or receiver of

any such weapon, any part designed and

intended solely and exclusively, or combination

of parts designed and intended,

for use in converting a weapon into a

machinegun, and any combination of

parts from which a machinegun can be

assembled if such parts are in the possession

or under the control of a person.

BE CAREFUL, dont interpret the law, there it is in black and white.

The above paragraph is verbatum from the ATF law book.

Any person who violates or fails to

comply with any provision of this chapter

shall, upon conviction, be fined not more

than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more

than ten years, or both.

check your NFA laws boys. If you possess parts for a machine gun they can in some cases be called machine guns in themselves by the BATFE. Even if you dont own the firearm they are intended to go in. Whether or not you have an AK with the auto sear hole in it is irrelevant.

Machinegun. The term 'machinegun'

means any weapon which shoots, is

designed to shoot, or can be readily restored

to shoot, automatically more than

one shot, without manual reloading, by a

single function of the trigger. The term

shall also include the frame or receiver of

any such weapon, any part designed and

intended solely and exclusively, or combination

of parts designed and intended,

for use in converting a weapon into a

machinegun, and any combination of

parts from which a machinegun can be

assembled if such parts are in the possession

or under the control of a person.

BE CAREFUL, dont interpret the law, there it is in black and white.

The above paragraph is verbatum from the ATF law book.

Any person who violates or fails to

comply with any provision of this chapter

shall, upon conviction, be fined not more

than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more

than ten years, or both.

All well and good, but the ATF doesn't make any laws.

boy a smart ass in every bunch. you know what i am saying. and if you had an ffl or class 2 manufacturing licese, you would know that the ATF pulishes a LAW book and sends it to all license holders. no they dont make the damn laws but they sure as hell will enforce them. :angry:

Yes, they will. But most gun laws are open to some interpretation, and all require lots of evidence.

The 922 law, for example, is a complete joke. How will they enforce having enough American made parts? When most parts aren't labelled "Made in USA", or could be printed so anywhere in the world. I keep reciepts for my stuff just in case, but still.

Second, they're not gonna come kick down your door to catch one guy who happens to own 2 tiny pieces of metal.

The ATF has bigger fish to fry, than to worry about one guy who accidentally bought something.

while that may be true, blabbing it all over the web is not exactly keeping it on the down low. especially when you are talking about selling the parts or keeping them for a rainy day, or even trying to put a rate reducer in a semi auto. why i dont know but anyway. thats what i am saying. everybody that has built an AK out of a parts kit or just bought a parts kit, knows that 9 out of 10 times the older kits came with the full auto fire control group and the full auto bolt carrier. but how many people just went ahead and used the full auto bolt carrier and were none the wiser? how many used the hammer, selector, sear, and never thought twice? all i am saying is be careful who and where you talk about this stuff because you know that there are ATF agents trolling these sites just looking for crap like this. And, if you talk about it enough or they see it mentioned enough, they will find out who you are and will check you out. It is not that hard to do. be careful. :nonono::bag:

I tend to think that these kinds of laws are usually intended to be "supplemental" in nature. By that I mean that the ATF isn't going to kick your door down for buying or even building with some of these parts, but if you are a hardcore criminal, they'll use these laws to add to the charges that you're already up for, and use them as bargaining chips. If you have some of these that inadvertently came with a kit or two, I don't think they're going to slam your ass in the federal penitentiary for 10 years - but if you rob a bank with a gun that contains these parts, they're going to use them to tack on an extra few years to your sentence, and use them as evidence of an ongoing criminal conspiracy.

At least, that's my take on it.

Still, better to be safe than sorry. I try to keep myself firmly on the right side of the law, especially when it comes to my guns.

Mike

while that may be true, blabbing it all over the web is not exactly keeping it on the down low. especially when you are talking about selling the parts or keeping them for a rainy day, or even trying to put a rate reducer in a semi auto.

If there was so much known about me personally, you'd know that I'm named on a C2 and it'd be a moot point. I don't personally own any MG's, but I have some that I converted and I do with them as I please. :devil:

Edited by Surly