My California 308 Black Gun in progress

I don't like the Tapco 'Galil' hand guard either. I tried it and it's nowhere as good as the Galil. I can't even fit my hand well in the flat area unlike a real Galil handguard. I like the Saiga handguard and find nothing wrong with it. I kept the one on mine but I added a rail to use a vertical foregrip.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't like the Tapco 'Galil' hand guard either. I tried it and it's nowhere as good as the Galil. I can't even fit my hand well in the flat area unlike a real Galil handguard. I like the Saiga handguard and find nothing wrong with it. I kept the one on mine but I added a rail to use a vertical foregrip.

Im impressed with the bipod - did you modify the stock to get that installed? What brand? Harris? Would the 25 rd surefires clear with it if they were legal there?

Very nice gun!

Im impressed with the bipod - did you modify the stock to get that installed? What brand? Harris? Would the 25 rd surefires clear with it if they were legal there?

Very nice gun!

Thanks! The only thing I did was to change the Saiga sling screw for a standard amerikanski one and then mounted the Shooters Ridge bipod. Looks and works just like a Harris and WalMart has them for $39.95. I am hesitating getting the Galil hand guard right now as I kind of like it the way it is right now. I have one on my 16" 7.62x39 and I don't find it as terrible as some have said but I like it. As for the 25 round mags...don't tease us Kallyfornians! There are longer versions of that bipod and the one I have is right in the middle and extended, it should clear those evil magazines! LOLpost-10790-1218670782_thumb.jpg

post-10790-1218671138_thumb.jpgpost-10790-1218671163_thumb.jpg

Which scope mount is that? Thanks.

Well there are actually two different scopes and mounts on two different pictures. The longer scope is mounted on a high rise with the toggle type mount (can't think of the brand at this time) and the other one with the flip up scope covers is a UTG low mount with the side rail that has a Condor light mounted on it. The scope sometimes is switched with a Bushnell Eotech made holosight.