Are you interested.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested and for which caliber. You may select more than one.

• Yes, 7.62x39
    • Yes, .223
    • Yes, .308
    • No
  2. 2. Will you shoot more than one caliber?

• Yes
    • No

I know that I for one am always looking for military rifle events or other events that I won't be laughed out of when I show up with an AK and everyone else has ARs shooting sub-moa. Personally I prefer the AK over the AR and do not see the need to get an AR to compete when I have a competitive .22 smallbore.

I am now proposing that we have a Kalashnikov postal match for the members of this forum. Unless someone has a valid concern or problem with me taking this by the reigns I would be very honored.

Included in this topic is a poll. Please vote to let me know if you are interested and follow up with a reply to this topic so that I can generate a list of everyone to PM at a later date. If we generate even a small interest in this I will go ahead with finalizing the plans.

Edited by moxie1c

As I stated above this match is only a proposal and is subject to change. Something that I have been debating over for the last few days is something that I might think will encourage a few more people to compete.

How about instead of a mail-in to me we do something like Bvamp is talking about and you score your own targets, photograph them and submit them onto a dedicated "results thread."

Eliminating the mail-in will ease any privacy concerns that people may have, provide for instant gratification and facilitate a larger portion of this group to compete with relative ease. The only downside is that a shooter who didn't have the best day at the range and was fighting a nasty cross-wind might be hesitant to score, photograph and submit their targets onto the "results thread" because they fell like why bother...I have already seen so and so's targets and they definitely beat me. For this reason I have setup an email account for people to mail me their results. Only at the close of the shooting period would I post results onto the thread. The email addy is.... you ready for this? SaigaPostal(at)gmail(dot)com :beer:

As far as targets go. For the mail-in idea having one standard target is necessary for proper scoring. A standard target is still necessary if we score and submit our own onto the board!! I am open to any other suggestions for target ideas. I am partial to the Army L target. Even though the Army L is designed for 25yd pistol fire I think that it will suit our needs just fine.

Thoughts, comments???