I searched for muzzle break info yesterday and found a nifty helpful thread with reviews and critiques and so on. And now I can't find it, so I've resorted to this.

I would like those in the know to help me find muzzle breaks and flash hiders that are functional. I know some of the breaks, hiders, and compensators look like the real deal but are actually not fully functional like the real deal. I'd also like them to be US made, and any style will do. While I'm not too fond of the '74 style breaks, they are steadily growing on me. I really like the Krinkov style compensators. I don't even know what a compensator is to be honest, and I have a feeling it won't be good enough of a flash hider or break. Post away.

I'm doing this in preparation for the purchasing of all my parts and then it's conversion time. Yeah, I changed my mind.

While you're here, how does this forum feel about posters putting up their list of conversion parts to check if there's anything missing/illegal?

I knew you'd get me for that, but when I searched yesterday I spelled wrong as well haha. It was you that got me all worried about this in the first place with your talk of "it looks like the real thing but isn't". And for that, I thank you, good looking out for other members.

The Tromix Rifle Shark Brake is very effective, and eliminates the need for a bayonet.

RifleShark.JPG

Tromix parts at MAA

I've been keeping my eye on that one for a while now. It really adds to that "No, really, I'm not joking" vibe AKs have. With the side slants opening to the rear is there much blow back from the muzzle? On a shotgun I can really see the smoke coming back at you, maybe not so bad on a 7.62. That Wolf ammo smells like soviet carcinogen.

The Tromix Rifle Shark Brake is very effective, and eliminates the need for a bayonet.

Bob, for those of us in states that don't allow flash suppressors but allow muzzle brakes...what category does this fall into? Or does some little guy on capitol hill somewhere tell us once it's too late?

...is there much blow back from the muzzle?

There's a fair amount of blowback for sure. I've seen it blow a guys hat off in full auto. Very effective brake though.

Bob, for those of us in states that don't allow flash suppressors but allow muzzle brakes...what category does this fall into? Or does some little guy on capitol hill somewhere tell us once it's too late?

You should be OK. The legal definition is: Slots parallel to barrel=Flash Suppressor, Slots perpendicular to barrel=Brake.

Edited by BobAsh
You should be OK. The legal definition is: Slots parallel to barrel=Flash Suppressor, Slots perpendicular to barrel=Brake.

Ahhh Hah, I have looked for a long time now but I have never seen it spelled out like that. Thanks Bob.