Saiga-12C in Sept. '08 Small Arms Review

Just received my Sept. '08 Small Arms Review in the mail and they cover the 2008 International Trade Fair for Hunting and Sporting Arms, Outdoor Articles and Accessories (whew!) held in Nurnberg, Germany, March 14-17, 2008. Page 28.

The single pic (no narrative) looks like the latest iteration of the Saiga-12 SWAT model, with a 17" barrel, flash hider, Krink-style front sight/gas block and hinged top cover, mag well, ribbed 8-round mag, and TDI front furnature with M-1913-style rails.

No indication that it will see stateside distribution, but it does show a willing attitude to generate international/Western Hemisphere military, law enforcement, and sporting sales or interest.

FYI, FWIW.

-P.

http://www.gun-tests.com/issues/14_6/features/5015-1.html

I hope they do a better job than these morons,

"We took the gun apart to clean it before testing and did not put the top cover on it right so it popped off during shooting and we gave it a DO NOT BUY Rating!" my spin on the article. In other words our sponsors wanted it that way.

Saiga-SPETSNAZ-3 thats the model from the show.

www.rusmilitary.com have them listed at a bargain :ded: price in the UK of 999 pounds thats about $ 1900 !!

Just compared it side by side to a Vepr 12 , looks like that model saiga has some of the enhanced Vepr parts fitted. I know saiga own both factorys.

Edited by gunfighteruk