buy a second saiga 39 or an sks?

what do you guys think. I love my saiga 39 :wub: .the store down the way has some more in stock. For some crazy reason, I think I need another one? This makes no sense... and yet. But I could look for an sks instead for some variety.

whatdo you guys think? second saigax39 or sks?

thanks,

r

Edited by rskins

If it were me, I get the 2nd Saiga...They're not getting cheaper and you'll have a backup for your 1st one. SKS to me is not the way to go, just me - You get a Brand New AK really with the Saiga. Chrome Lined Barrel, plus it's an AK. I think the cost of SKS is getting up there now too....

I'd say get a .223 as well, WHILE YOU STILL CAN! - Guarantee you, If U Know Who gets elected... my $.02

Edit: I was like you just a month ago, I was thinking of another Saiga x39 to match my 1st one - but the shop only had the .223 (which I almost ordered the 1st time) So I Snapped it up - Now I Love My .223 more than my x39 -that bitch is accurate!

Edited by BullShark012
If it were me, I get the 2nd Saiga...They're not getting cheaper and you'll have a backup for your 1st one. SKS to me is not the way to go, just me - You get a Brand New AK really with the Saiga. Chrome Lined Barrel, plus it's an AK. I think the cost of SKS is getting up there now too....

I'd say get a .223 as well, WHILE YOU STILL CAN! - Guarantee you, If U Know Who gets elected... my $.02

Edit: I was like you just a month ago, I was thinking of another Saiga x39 to match my 1st one - but the shop only had the .223 (which I almost ordered the 1st time) So I Snapped it up - Now I Love My .223 more than my x39 -that bitch is accurate!

tough choice. yeah I think its the election thats got me all anxious. I feel like I need to get what I can now. I have a AR15 lower.I just sold the 223 upper after taking my saiga and the AR to the range and doing the pepsi challenge.

my saiga was way more accurate at 100yds. so I sold the upper.

At this point I have 3k of AK ammo and I'm torn between getting another caliber rifle plus ammo, which will run me another $600-$1k that 223 ammo is expensive!

or just getting another saiga for $400 and calling it good...

At this point I have 3k of AK ammo

If you have that ammount of ammo, I say stick w/ 7.62x39 2nd Saiga Instead of a new .223 Saiga.

But, 7.62x39 & .223 are about the same price where I get it... Both are about $25/100rd. at ammunition to go .com where I get alot of mine. (.223 like the 62 gr. stuff, Brown Bear is all I can find for that. - now, I do get the Brass 55 gr. .223 for my Kel-Tec PLR-16 for $35/100 - Once reloaded from Lake City /Winchester from them though)

At this point I have 3k of AK ammo

If you have that ammount of ammo, I say stick w/ 7.62x39 2nd Saiga Instead of a new .223 Saiga.

But, 7.62x39 & .223 are about the same price where I get it... Both are about $25/100rd. at ammunition to go .com where I get alot of mine. (.223 like the 62 gr. stuff, Brown Bear is all I can find for that. - now, I do get the Brass 55 gr. .223 for my Kel-Tec PLR-16 for $35/100 - Once reloaded from Lake City /Winchester from them though)

I just got back from the store.I figured out what the problem is.. I don't have enough $$ :evil: LOL

ok so I go in, to see what they got..innocent enough right?

They got 16" saiga x39, a 20" saiga .223, and an SKS.... :angry:

talk about tough choices... not to mention about 6 other rifles Iv'e been looking for,and a couple guys bringing in some sweet rifles to sell AAAAHH!

well after much deliberation, I started feeling bad about my lonely AR lower, and I ended up getting another upper for it. Not much point in having half a rifle laying around. I AAAALmost got another saigax39 but somehow left without it. I figure I'll get it next payday.

Am I the only one this happens to.this BRD is worse than ebola!

thanks for the link to ammunition togo.com looks like I'll be headed over there :)

Nothing wrong with having a duplicate Saiga. Especially since spare parts (not conversion parts) are hard to come by for the Saiga.

I have both Saiga's and an SKS. The SKS is nice if you want a milled gun made the old fashioned way, but the Saiga is the more logical choice.

what do you guys think. I love my saiga 39 :wub: .the store down the way has some more in stock. For some crazy reason, I think I need another one? This makes no sense... and yet. But I could look for an sks instead for some variety.

thanks,

r

How much are they there?

**get the saiga get the saiga get the saiga

Edited by rangerdavid

Quanity, or variety, which do you want, I have sks's, ak's, ar's, Fal's, CETME/G-3's, plus other military surplus semi autos and bolts, Thus I love variety. I would say diversify before buying quanities, thus you have many different flavors of rifles to take to the range. IMHO If you can find them another thing would be to find kits, but alas they are getting more and more expensive as we speak.

thanks,

r

How much are they there?

**get the saiga get the saiga get the saiga

$375 at the gun show, and $425 at the store.

get the saiga get the saiga get the saiga

heheh funny that is exactly what keeps going through my head :devil:

Quanity, or variety, which do you want, I have sks's, ak's, ar's, Fal's, CETME/G-3's, plus other military surplus semi autos and bolts, Thus I love variety. I would say diversify before buying quanities, thus you have many different flavors of rifles to take to the range. IMHO If you can find them another thing would be to find kits, but alas they are getting more and more expensive as we speak.

yeah I sure would like to get a cetme, or a fal, or a AK kit, but they are all out of my price range. Ah it sucks competing against illegal aliens for wages..maybe next year for the FAL. I guess for now I'll stash another saiga just incase things go badly with the new Pres. and we can't get 'em anymore...

I own 2 SKS's and 2 saiga's. I never thought I would compliment the russians on quality, but, it is night and day difference between the saiga vs. SKS. If I had a choice, I would get a saiga in a heartbeat instead of a SKS.

Nothing wrong with having a duplicate Saiga. Especially since spare parts (not conversion parts) are hard to come by for the Saiga.

I have both Saiga's and an SKS. The SKS is nice if you want a milled gun made the old fashioned way, but the Saiga is the more logical choice.

+1! I also have both. The SKS is nice for variety, but the Saiga is really superior from a practical standpoint. I would get the additional Saiga in 7.62X39.