Never had this problem interested in those who have.

I've been reading a lot about barrel distortion in saiga rifles on this forum, it seem to be that for some people the saiga rifle tends to heat up catastrophical after about 120 rapidly fired rounds.

I would just like your feedback on the truth to this, and you gurus out there might be able to give some answers. It seems to be a real problem.

My early guesses are just poor metallurgy and low quality military reject parts, also I know from experience Russia's quality control is a true joke.

Any thoughts on the matter are welcome.

I agree w/ nalioth & hogdog - never heard of the bbl deforming due to heat. Now, it will get super hot under rapid fire no question - to the point of melting the stock handgaurd, that I've seen. I recommend replacing the guard to reduce that prob, something with a bit more ventlation.

The one I could find was here http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=28402 nailer007 said his bent so bad he sold it for parts, I have read 3 other instances but they are so far back I can't find the threads, sorry about that just don't care enough to go find them but i wasn't just pulling this out of my ass.

"My early guesses are just poor metallurgy and low quality military reject parts."

Saigas are "All new"..... not demiled parts like other AK kits.

Funny, allot of noobs seem to have been getting some very misleading info as of late.....

(Please, no offense to the question raised or noobs in general)

May I ask where you received your misleading info?

haha appreciate it, I won't listen to anyone with 6 posts anymore, Sorry about wasting your time fellas.

No bad on your end brother.... It's good to get a feel on what you new guys are thinking...

It helps! so, don't be shy and Thank You!