Anybody using Estate hunting loads?

I was wondering if anybody here had tried Estate Hunting loads for match shooting? The 3 & 1/4 Dram, 4, 5, or 6 shot, high based stuff? It reliably runs in my gun, with a Gunfixer adjustable gas knob on setting "1" along side Slugs & Buck shot.

For matches (like the Ironman) where you routinely find yourself shooting all three types of ammo in a single stage. In fact there was one stage that the Federal value pack stuff did not have the umpf to knock down some plates at distance.

So I was curious if anyone else was using this stuff.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

Edited by IPSC_GUY

For Ironman?

I don't think I would be using "inexpensive shot" at Ironman.

My experience with Estate "Hunting" loading loads is that they have a lot more recoil than the typical value pack load.

But again, getting back to Ironman. I would take a lot of time and effort to get the very best ammo I could. I would also spend a lot of time testing it to make sure what it would knock down at what range.

At a local 3-Gun match, no.

I was wondering if anybody here had tried Estate Hunting loads for match shooting? The 3 & 1/4 Dram, 4, 5, or 6 shot, high based stuff? It reliably runs in my gun, with a Gunfixer adjustable gas knob on setting "1" along side Slugs & Buck shot.

For matches (like the Ironman) where you routinely find yourself shooting all three types of ammo in a single stage. In fact there was one stage that the Federal value pack stuff did not have the umpf to knock down some plates at distance.

So I was curious if anyone else was using this stuff.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

I haven't tried it, but am getting some for an upcoming match. I didn't see the high brass 3 1/4 dram load, are you sure you're not talking about the high brass 3 3/4 dram 1 1/4 oz. 4,5,6 size shot hunting loads?

Estate Cartridge is now owned by Federal.

I'm getting a bunch to take to NC Recon. They state that you will need "heavy shot" and "heavy buck" for their targets, but someone I know who's been going for years tells me that the #4s will do fine, especially with the adjustable choke.

For Ironman?

I don't think I would be using "inexpensive shot" at Ironman.

My experience with Estate "Hunting" loading loads is that they have a lot more recoil than the typical value pack load.

But again, getting back to Ironman. I would take a lot of time and effort to get the very best ammo I could. I would also spend a lot of time testing it to make sure what it would knock down at what range.

At a local 3-Gun match, no.

Yeah the hunting loads really do have a bit recoil to them. As for the Ironman, unfortunately I only had a week to get ready for the match and next year a WHOLE lot more prep will go into it. That is what I am doing now. So far these seem to reliably function and that is half the battle.

Funny thing is there were many Many MANY empty Federal Value pack boxes in the garbage cans at Parma after the match.

I haven't tried it, but am getting some for an upcoming match. I didn't see the high brass 3 1/4 dram load, are you sure you're not talking about the high brass 3 3/4 dram 1 1/4 oz. 4,5,6 size shot hunting loads?

Estate Cartridge is now owned by Federal.

I'm getting a bunch to take to NC Recon. They state that you will need "heavy shot" and "heavy buck" for their targets, but someone I know who's been going for years tells me that the #4s will do fine, especially with the adjustable choke.

Yep your right, I can't read. It is 3 3/4 Dram Hunting loads.

Let us know how the Recon match goes. I used to be stationed in NC but I never made it up there for that match. It looks like fun one but it can still be HOT as "Blue Blazes out" this time of year, there in Oxford.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png