Lube the gas tube/piston?

Mods, can we please institute a system that closes inactive threads after X months?

If past posted threads get closed, I hope like hell we can still get axcess to them. I go back to threads that were posted, even ones posted a few years ago, for the wealth of info on a lot of them.

It's like the liberal newspapers: Just don't read the shit you don't want to read!

Mods, can we please institute a system that closes inactive threads after X months?

If past posted threads get closed, I hope like hell we can still get axcess to them. I go back to threads that were posted, even ones posted a few years ago, for the wealth of info on a lot of them.

It's like the liberal newspapers: Just don't read the shit you don't want to read!

Of course you'd have access to them. I'm not asking for deletion, just the locking of posts with X months inactivity.

Nobody'd be able to bump years old threads to the top, where the majority of the previous posters aren't even around any more, and/or the topic is so out of date, it's ridiculous.

This works fine on other forums where it's done.

The mods could always unlock it / modify it for the original poster, if necessary, as well (on a sticky, for instance)

Edited by nalioth

Of course you'd have access to them. I'm not asking for deletion, just the locking of posts with X months inactivity.

Nobody'd be able to bump years old threads to the top, where the majority of the previous posters aren't even around any more, and/or the topic is so out of date, it's ridiculous.

This works fine on other forums where it's done.

The mods could always unlock it / modify it for the original poster, if necessary, as well (on a sticky, for instance)

Right on, my friend.

I for one like the oldies, threads can evolve and be added to in many meaningful ways.

Its great when someone brings back a fresh perspective on an old question, specially when the OP can share what the have learned since the original posting.

It can also be intimidating to lurkers sometimes to start a new thread specially on a dead horse type topic. I say let them live on....

• 1 year later...

I for one like the oldies, threads can evolve and be added to in many meaningful ways.

Its great when someone brings back a fresh perspective on an old question, specially when the OP can share what the have learned since the original posting.

It can also be intimidating to lurkers sometimes to start a new thread specially on a dead horse type topic. I say let them live on....

I logged in the other day and saw all these old polls. It is nice to see some from a few years ago, I'm not sure I would have made my way back to them, thanks.

I have heard from guy that worked at this gun shot i visited a few weeks ago, he said for gas pistons u always leave them dry, and just clean them from time to time, to keep the build up down, but if other r using lubes or grease and it works and ur gun dont lock up then stick with it, my opinion what ever works works, within reason.