Group Buy for 7.62x39? Do they happen?

Well after going to CTD today, an spending about $23 on only 80 rnds of ammunition, I started to search the interwebz and tried to track down bulk 7.62x39 ammo.

I would love to buy bulk 1000 cases, but that is kind of hard for a newly wed with a new mortgage while I just spent about $200 for my saiga conversion.

Do you guys ever do bulk buys?

Additionally does anyone ever go twosies on a 1000 rnd case?

I mean at http://www.ammoman.com I can buy 1000 rnds for $199 shipped, but man I can't afford that. But if someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex would split it with me, I would be more than happy with 500 rnds for $99.50, shoot you get to keep the tin can it comes in...yet if I buy 500 rnds just by myself, it goes up to 117.xx...

But does this kind of thing ever happen, or do I just save up for myself?

I think the group buys on ammo don't work because of the sheer weight of bulk ammo, the cost to ship to individuals kills the savings. I've seen people planning for a build party will also order ammo, and have it delivered to the build site, that way everyone can then drive home with what they ordered from that central location. if you order from century and reach the 500$ mark the shipping is free, so it kinda pays to get a couple people together locally and do a big ammo buy that way.

Ah so they "generally" do not happen, but every once in a blue moon they do...

I just wish I had known when I was 18 that I was going to buy my rifle (lol 6 years ago) and then snapped up cheap ammo. Stupid me!!! :ded:

I think the group buys on ammo don't work because of the sheer weight of bulk ammo, the cost to ship to individuals kills the savings. I've seen people planning for a build party will also order ammo, and have it delivered to the build site, that way everyone can then drive home with what they ordered from that central location. if you order from century and reach the 500$ mark the shipping is free, so it kinda pays to get a couple people together locally and do a big ammo buy that way.
  • 1 month later...
...I would be more than happy with 500 rnds for $99.50

Just go to one of the local gun shows... Market Hall, Mesquite, Ft.Worth. There is one almost every weekend somewhere in the metroplex. You can usually find smaller package deals where you get 500 rnds of the steel cased Silver Bear or Wolf Military for the price you listed above. I bought a month or so ago and they came in a .30 cal tin. but have also paid a little bit more and just got them in a cardboard box... just depends on the gun show.

...or better yet, just run to Academy and pick up some Monarch @ $2.99/box as listed in another thread

Edited by spitstickler