Saiga 308-wood or polymer

I'm seriously thinking of a Saiga 308 now. However my dealer only can get the wood stocked 21 inch model, they have none of the 21 inch polymer models.

Which one would you do?

This would be for a PSL conversion lookalike. I would like to have it alongside my PSL.

I wonder how the Saiga wood foregrip would look with the dragunov style wood buttstock found on the PSL?

Are there any compelling reason to choose one over the other?

I do not want a short barrel model.

Edited by bobotech
I'm seriously thinking of a Saiga 308 now. However my dealer only can get the wood stocked 21 inch model, they have none of the 21 inch polymer models.

Which one would you do?

This would be for a PSL conversion lookalike. I would like to have it alongside my PSL.

I wonder how the Saiga wood foregrip would look with the dragunov style wood buttstock found on the PSL?

Are there any compelling reason to choose one over the other?

I do not want a short barrel model.

The polymer would be chosen over the wood if you had the intention of replacing all of the furniture. I thought about doing exactly what you did, but noticed the existing wood foregrip wouldn't match anything available, thus I'd have to purchase them as a set. Depending on where you buy that Saiga 308, the wood could be considerably more expensive than the polymer.

I own both and it depends what you want. The wood looks really nice but you will have to maintain it. It gives the image of a nice classic deer hunting rifle. The plastic stock needs no maintenance and look like assault rifles. If you are going to convert to a folding stock skip the wood.